Soft Landing - just before Marriage

Background:
I’m currently in US on F-1 OPT visa, received CoPR and have to do soft landing latest by 29th May 2020.
Also getting married next month in February and hence want to do the soft landing in next two weeks because:
(i) I cannot travel outside US from April 1 - Oct 1 this year due to pending H1B petition my company will file.
(ii) Change in marital status at this stage will likely delay PR processing.

I had the following questions:
i) Do i become a Permanent Resident as soon as I do the soft landing?
ii) If yes, am I still have to inform CIC about change in my marital status when i get married next month (after soft landing)?
iii) If i do inform CIC about getting married, will it cause delay in issuing physical PR card?
iv) Is it true that I can apply for PR for my spouse only after I start living in Canada?

Any responses will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Please strongly consider getting married and informing CIC of the change. If you do not do that now and decide to land, you will have to apply for spousal PR sponsorship which can take a year or more. Or if your spouse can apply for Express Entry or any other program by themselves, they will have to go thru the entire process (draw, WES, IETLS, etc.). If you get them added to your application after your wedding, CIC will only need their medical exam, police reports and basic details.

As a couple, this is a lot easier for you.

Search the forums, this has been asked a few times. I was in a similar situation and had to wait for only 3 more months to get a new COPR for myself and my spouse. Obviously your mileage may vary, do your own research.

Answers
i) Do i become a Permanent Resident as soon as I do the soft landing? - Yes
ii) If yes, am I still have to inform CIC about change in my marital status when i get married next month (after soft landing)? - No… once you’re a PR you’re on your own. You can either chose to sponsor your spouse for PR or a visitor visa.
iii) If i do inform CIC about getting married, will it cause delay in issuing physical PR card? - Once you land, getting married after that has no bearing on this.
iv) Is it true that I can apply for PR for my spouse only after I start living in Canada? - There may be a residency requirement, check the CIC website.