Soft Landing Scenarios and AVR - Sep 2021 onwards

Thank you for the details on this forum, they are very helpful. We completed the soft landing last week and re-entered US using AVR, by land border. No one seem to have an issue with Soft landing or AVR. The process took about 2 hours and as mentioned in most of the experiences here. They asked for Passports, COPRs, Proof of Funds, and Goods to follow list, along with the address in Canada to mail PR Cards. Does anyone know, where to check the PR Cards status?

@usa2canada Thanks a lot for your inputs. They gave us some confidence that the process works.

@shaanvee Did you receive your PR Cards yet? is there a place you track the PR Cards status?

Hi @Greenmind,

Click " Add (link) your application to your account" hyper link on Account Home page.
And then you can link the PR Card application for all the applicants in your PR.

Yes i did the same process like mentioned in the above post by @usa2canada

Got it, I was able to link it as you suggested. Thank you both!

Is the AVR good for H4 as well? Anyone used it with H4 renewed i797 before?

My wife is on H4 and we both have recently renewed i797s

@usa2canada @Greenmind @shaanvee @JBishnoi

Yes. It is good for H4 too. My wife is on H4 and we both had recently renewed our i797’s.

Hi @usa2canada
i have valid COPR and wanted to do soft landing at Niagara (rainbow or Peace bridge) next week.

• want to know if landing is allowed 7 days/week and 24hr/day or is there a specific day
    and time it is allowed for activating PR
  • after activating PR i want to return back to US immediately, in this case can i cross border
    in my own car without importing it.
  • any issues i can face if i want to return back immediately to US?

really appreciate any help in this regard

Hi @Greenmind

did you guys fly or crossed land border. what is your port of entry

Hi @sasikbandi,

1 → You can do landing any time. Border is open 24 hours.
2 → Yes. You can return back to US immediately in your own car without importing. I did the same, used my own car to cross border. But don’t forget to add your car on the GTF list.
3 → There will be no issue for returning back immediately to USA.

Hi @usa2canada
When i called CBSA yesterday they mentioned its allowed only on TUE/WED/THU from 8am to midnight (Rainbow/Peace bridge). did you do landing on a different day?

Hi @sasikbandi,

Yes. I did it on monday around noon, not sure if something changed now.

if you dont mind can you share your port of entry and when did you do landing

Rainbow Bridge on 8/30

Thanks @usa2canada … appreciate your help!

As you use AVR, do they normally give you new I94s when you come back to the US?

Is it paper based or does the online record changes once you cross over?

No. They didnt give me i94.

Thank you @usa2canada .we completed landing yesterday and everything went well.

Posted our experience here

Great!!! Congrats…
And fyi - my PR Card was approved about 10 days ago, but still my friend didnt receive it.
So PR Card was approved in about 3 weeks and still waiting for actual card.

Our PR Card status for 2 of us started showing approved/mailed since early this week but our child’s is still pending. Any idea if any of you had a similar situation? we all landed at the same time.

Hi there, I have a quick question. I just received my preliminary approval before COPR (asking about any change in family composition). I will respond shortly and expecting COPR not long after. I’m trying to figure out how long I will have to actually move to Canada after receiving COPR. I see yours expired in Dec 2021 - when did you receive it? And when did your medicals expire, just for reference?

Trying to gage how to move ahead with planning the move. I was about to buy a car in Europe, and might not do that if I will need to move very promptly.

Thank you for your help!
M

Sorry for the delay, its usually a year for you to soft land once or move permanently if you prefer