Soft Landing via Road

Thanks a lot @akel We are taking a rental instead of personal vehicle. Someone here suggested it is better because of less hassle… Else the officers ask for Title or why are we not transferring the car today etc. Which bank account to open and how to get CAD from the US? I am planning to carry some cash incase needed! Car is added to the GTF along with other stuff, we have also added any jewellery which we wear on daily basis! E.g ring etc. That has not been appraised, but their values in CAD have been mentioned in GTF. Hope it is good. Any other points to consider for GTA or GTF list? How detailed should it be? Any thing to keep in mind?

Rental vehicle is ok, doesnt matter though. Officer will still ask you for title and everything when they look at your GTF, but its not that cumbersome as much as everyone has described online on other web forums. Just be straight with CBSA officers in answering. Smaller items like everyday jewelry and other household items can be skipped from GTF, dont add unnecessary items.

Bank account- I preferred TD bank, make sure you book an appointment before you go. Ask them for credit card unsecured. When you book an appointment online you will get details of person whom you are going to see, just call him before hand and explain your banking needs.

Moreover just have a good trip, dont stress out. GTA area has lot of good restaurants like desi Indian ones, most of them you will see on uber eats, skip dishes, doordash and other apps. If you are staying in a hotel you can get all the desi food at your room. Make sure you download all the apps and link your US credit card if you are comfortable. You will get amazing desi food at your room :yum:

For Canadian dollars, carry your US cash and get exchanged at any currency exchange. I used continental currency exchange which gave me better rates over the counter. Check for continental currency exchange near your stay.

@akel Thank you! My car is on loan, I do not have the title. I can carry the registration document, Insurance. Would that suffice?

They need the title papers when you permanently plan to move. For GTF purpose, VIN, model/make, and valuation should be enough.

Hi everyone!

1. Has anyone (or someone you know) tried soft landing via land from Seattle recently? I am planning to go via car from Seattle in 10 days and trying to find out which border crossing to go through (if there are any restrictions on some of the crossings or not). Any advice would be very very helpful regarding how did you narrow down on which crossing to use.

2. Also, it is unclear if they are approving the PR for folks who intend to return back these days due to every changing travel restrictions during Covid (the website says that we should be coming with the intend to settle). Anyone who traveled recently, please share the experience or advice. Thanks a lot!