Software tester with mechanical background

Hi just wanted to check if I can apply in express entry program with bachelors in Mechanical engineering. I am currently working as software tester. I want to apply under :2283 - Information systems testing technicians and it clearly says below that computer background is require. Can someone please tell if CIC is really serious about it and can this factor impact my case in any negative way ?

Employment requirements

• Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
  • College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Wonderful ! thank you for your response @sher.sfo