Submitting passport to a different visa office

I got ppr request from CPC-Ottawa when I was in the US but I had to travel to India since my US visa was expiring. I submitted a webform regarding change of address and further instructions but haven’t got any response from them. I called IRCC and the Call Centre agent suggested me to submit my passport along with ppr letter to a local visa office in India. Has anybody done this before? I tried reaching out to IRCC but things are getting pretty delayed. Appreciate the responses.

I don’t know about the COPR but it’s definitely possible to do so for a tourist visa.

My mother had applied for a tourist visa for Canada from India with my father. She had to travel to us in America before their application was approved. Once both of their applications were approved I took her to the Visa Processing Center in New York yo submit her passport, whereas my father submitted his passport in New Delhi. Both of their passports were returned back with the visa stamped to the respective locations.

So I see no harm in you doing the same thing, take your PPR to the local visa processing center, they’ll give you a tracking number to track the status of your passport while it’s with them, so in the worst case they return your passport to you but most likely it’ll be stamped and the COPR issued alone with it as well.

Thank you. Appreciate your response.

You can submit to any Canada visa office around the world . It will be processed

1 Like

Hi Vidhyadhar,
I am in a similar situation as yours. My Canada work permit application is being filed by my employer from USA. But my visa in USA is ending soon and it is highly possible by the time I receive passport submission letter I will be back in India.
Can you please confirm what happened in your case? Were you able to send your passport to a local office in India even though it was filed from USA? Did it need any different process to be followed? And in how many days did you receive your passport back?

Hi I am in similar boat but other way around.

What finally happened in your case?

I have submitted my documents while I was in India (mid Feb) and recently only like 2 weeks ago I moved to the USA (Atlanta). I just received the letter (with Header saying Primary Office: Montreal Immigration, and footer saying Immigration section New Delhi) PPR requesting passports within 30 days. But in the letter it is mentioned to refer https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ for passport transmission instructions. This takes me to VAC in countries that are outside North America.

Where as I know that people in USA would be asked to send to CPC OTTAWA address directly instead of VAC in USA (New York / Los Angeles).
When i called the VAC customer care in USA, the representative mentioned that it is Ok to send the package to VAC Newyork /Los Angeles).

What are your thoughts on this ? I am preparing to send to VAC New York.

Regards,
Venkata Mujje

hi Ugose,
I am in this similar position:

I have submitted my documents while I was in India (mid Feb) and recently only like 2 weeks ago I moved to the USA (Atlanta). I just received the letter (with Header saying Primary Office: Montreal Immigration, and footer saying Immigration section New Delhi) PPR requesting passports within 30 days. But in the letter it is mentioned to refer https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ for passport transmission instructions. This takes me to VAC in countries that are outside North America.

Where as I know that people in USA would be asked to send to CPC OTTAWA address directly instead of VAC in USA (New York / Los Angeles).
When i called the VAC customer care in USA, the representative mentioned that it is Ok to send the package to VAC Newyork /Los Angeles).

What are your thoughts on this ? I am preparing to send to VAC New York.

Regards,
Venkata Mujje

What are your thoughts?