I’m preparing for my move to Canada and very excited!
I’ve been doing some research to see how people who made the move recently are faring. To summarize my observations:
- Tech is booming. No doubt about it.
- The Canadian economy is smaller
- people who are targeting their job search and network will not have a major problem (as it is anywhere else)
- For those moving from the US, expect income and expenses to be different, be ready to make lifestyle adjustments.
- Toronto and Ottawa are the places to be for tech. Followed by Montreal and Vancouver.
Anything that I got wrong or can be added? Hoping to hear your success stories or pointers for those of us about to make the leap.