Temporarily drive car to Canada(PR card expiring soon)

Hi all,

I plan to drive to Vancouver before my PR card expires. However, since I’m not sure how things will pan out and how long I will end up staying in Canada, I’m not sure how to go about getting my car into Canada.

I would really appreciate any pointers!

Ideally, I want to be able to drive it for a few months until I have a better sense of how long I will be staying. Would this plan work? Would the border agents allow me to drive the car into Canada? Would I have any issues importing it later(without going back to US) if I decide to stay long term in Canada? Do we need to export the car in US in-person or can it be done remotely?

Also what insurance could I use until I import the car? wondering what insurance visitors from US use while they temporarily drive their car in Canada?

Thanks so much in advance!