Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat, we had sent the passports on Nov 27th, it was delivered on nov 28th. The status on the application changed to Approved on Dec 4th. The return tracker has still not been activated. Do anyone know whats the time taken to return the passports these days?
There’s a huge backlog because Canada Post workers union was on strike. Also, there is a huge deluge of packages and parcels due to Black Friday and Christmas sales…
i have a fedex return envelope for the passports to be delivered to US.Does the Canada Post workers issue affect Fedex as well?
I don’t know if they use fedex or another private courier to return anything…
check this out (also see below):
Submit your application
When you have filled out the application forms, make sure you:
- sign and date them, and
- include all documents and proof you paid the application fee in the envelope.
- Buy two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost–National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.
- Put one envelope in the other envelope. We will use the second envelope to return your passport and other documents to you.
- Add the documents you are sending that support your application.
- Put your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field and the Case Processing Centre-Ottawa post office box address in the “Return Address” field.
- Note the tracking number for each envelope.
- If you do not send a second prepaid Xpresspost envelope, we will return your passport by regular mail. Our office is not responsible for items lost in the mail.
- We will only return your passport through regular mail or a prepaid Xpresspost envelope. (If you include a prepaid envelope from a private courier company, we will not use it.)
- You cannot apply through the CPC-O office if you do not live in Canada.
@yeesh I hope you received your passport back. Could you please let me know how long did they take to return the passport?
How many days did it take for you to receive visa stamped passport?
I sent my passport on Feb15, received it back on 7th March
I received mine in 14 days. From 2nd April to 16th April. I live in California, sent it to the Ottawa office. I used Fedex to send as well as receive. I created the receipt label on the Fedex website after creating an account there.
thanks @gadaakhil for update. I sent mine on April 10, guess have to wait for 2 weeks.
btw, did you notice anything changing in the CIC profile while the passport was with ottawa?
I heard that there are some ghost updates/ or a visa approval numbers are added when visa is approved.
Did you notice that and if yes, around how many days after they received the passport?
@usa2can Yes, wait for 2 weeks. For me, it said PR application approved while the passport was in the office. After 6 days of the status change, they initiated Fedex return shipment.
Mine was a week. It all depends on volume.
Got mine today, had submitted them 10 days ago. Quicker than I expected.
We received the email to send the passport for PR visa stamp, so how long it takes to get back the passport?
Once passport is received with Visa stamp, how soon do we need to go Canada ? As our Medical expires in month of January 2020.
It takes ~2-4 weeks to get passports back. Visa expires 1 year from medical, so you’d have to land/move before that date. The counterfoil says that you cannot extend this date.
Am not sure if there would be any flexibility in this if you get passports back very close to the expiry date. Will probably have to contact the consulate you are sending your passports to.
Actually we did our Medical in January but the status on the site says the Medical exam passed date as March 25th. So which date do I need to consider ?
The day you had the medical exam i.e. Jan. So, plan for landing/moving in Jan itself.
In any case you’ll get the exact expiry date on the IM1 visa stamp.
The only rule is to follow the visa expiry date once you receive the passports. You would get an immigrant visa stamped on your passport which has an expiry date on it, you should land before or on that date.
Hope this helps.
This is correct.