Travelling to India and getting married after AOR

Sorry I missed your message. I am not sure if mine is the best format to write as I’m yet to get any result but I just mentioned my date of wedding and date of registration of marriage and mentioned that I would like to add my spouse as Accompanying me to Canada and requested that they process the same

Great. This is what I was looking for. Thanks for giving an idea. Keep me updated on how things go on your side and i will keep everyone here updated about my case too.

@prasan: Hello, when submitting Travels form IMM5562 for adding spouse to my already submitted application, do i need to put my travel history again in the spouse section which i have already put initially during submitting my application? Can someone please clarify ASAP.

I didn’t. I only put my wife’s travel history

Thanks Prasan. Did you hear back anything on your submitted docs ?

2 weeks back my wife called CIC to check on the status and they mentioned they received all documents on Aug 2 (though we had sent them on June 28 and medicals on Jul 28) and now it’s under process.

Cool. I hope you will see the good update soon. I am in process of submitting docs and will keep everyone updated.

1 Like

Hi,
I am confused in filling IMM0008 form? Should i fill IMM0008 with my details (as applicant) and add my spouse details in dependent section (or) vice-versa? i.e. fill my spouse details (as applicant) and add my details in the dependent section? I’m confused here, any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Primary applicant needs to fill in the main section. Click on “add dependent” to add your spouse’s details.

Hello Guys, after submitting my wife’s document thru IRCC web form. I sent another email thru web form to check for status. This time I got another request to submit details about my spouse to an email ID. Within few days of sending email, I got a message on my application to submit marriage proof on MyCIC account and pay fees.

Response to my inquiry -
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to write to this email address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Please include in your email :

• Your name,
  • Your client ID number,
  • Your application (file) number,
  • The name of the family member you wish to add to your application, and
  • Their relationship to you. "

After sending email, I am asked to submit docs (received this today)
" The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
3. Forms
4. Documents
5. Police certificate
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).
7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
8. Medical certificate

I have removed the details from each points to keep it short. Hope this helps!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the clarification

Looks like they are seeking additional documents and information from you to prove genuineness of the relationship :pleading_face:

This is very normal. After you let them know of your marriage, they will ask for these docs, including a questionnaire about your relationship with your spouse - how did you meet, how long have you known each other, pictures providing evidence of the relationship etc.

Yes they have asked these additional documents too and I have submitted the questionnaire and marriage pictures along .

@LP6440: Did you get any update back from CIC after submitting all the documents.

Looks like you guys have your application processed further along than mine. I haven’t heard anything back from them since 2 months. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I submitted all the docs last week. I have not heard anything yet. Will update here as soon as I get any updates.

Just got an update today. My wife is added as dependent on my application.

That was fast! I’m still waiting for mine to get added. We called ircc last week and they said “Not sure why she is not added yet but we did get her documents and medical is passed for her” :man_shrugging:t2:

Were you asked to submit docs on MyCIC account or you submitted thru web form?