It is getting to a point where I have to make a decision and was wondering what folks on this forum thought about this situation or if anybody has had experience doing this already.
I have a COPR for myself along with spouse and kid and all three COPRs are expiring in the first week of July. We currently reside in the US and I have an approved H-1B petition that I can use to come back to the US via AVR. However, my spouse’s H-4 petition that was filed last year has been pending forever (due to the large H-4 backlog) and I am not sure now if it will arrive on time before her COPR expires. Our stamped visa I-94s have expired, so we’d need the approved petitions to come back into the US I believe.
Given this scenario, I am wondering what would be the best course of action here.
None of us tries soft landing, let the COPR expire and wait (hopefully) for the “Ready to Travel?” email - Not sure if this is still being extended or if it’d still apply in case they open borders after June 21.
I soft land by myself, let spouse’s and kid’s COPRs expire. Is this allowed? If so, would they get a ready for travel email at some point? or would it be considered abandoned and I have to start some other process to get them a PR from scratch?
Kind of a variation of 2, myself and kid (a US citizen) soft lands without spouse. Only concern with this is in case they ask me to go quarantine, I probably won’t be able to handle a toddler by myself for 14 days
Not sure if there’re other options here, may be contact IRCC and ask for extension or anything else I could possibly do, I would absolutely welcome all thoughts and experiences.
Thanks and appreciate the help!