UPS mail box for PR card

I’m surprised CIC mailed PR cards to a P.O.Box-ish address. Usually they only do residential.

Another option is to not give address during soft landing if you don’t have someone in Canada. After returning to you country of residence, apply for PRTD.

Hello Anshul,
It was a valid address with street number etc. It worked perfect!
Format
“Your Name”
Suite # ------
2 Toronto street
Toronto ON…

Regards,
Appy

1 Like

Yeah, CIC won’t mail PR cards to P.O Box. But, It’s not a P.O box . It’s a (valid looking) residential address like a few have already mentioned.

Yeah, I get that. My concern is whether they distinguish between a true residential address vs a “residential address” which is really similar to a P.O. Box. If they don’t then it’s fine. If they do and determine it’s not a residential address, then they may not send it there.

appy22
you mentioned [quote=“Karry, post:1, topic:1395, full:true”]

she did ask if this was a rented number.

What was your answer?

We said yes it was!

Just received my PR card. I did my landing in April 2020. I used UPS mailbox and everything went smoothly. I am currently in US due to COVID and got my PR by mail.
I was checking with UPS guys every week and they were very helpful. I used UPS in Calgary. Yesterday they said I received a new mail. On my CIC profile, it showed approved as well. I arranged for post forwarding yesterday and I got it today.

Thanks for all the help guys! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@sp2410 Hi, I will be moving to Canada next month permanently via Detroit(Drive). Since I don’t have permanent address yet just opened up an UPS mail box for PR cards to be delivered. Got couple of questions

• Will CBP official give us a form to fill up where PR cards to be delivered?
  • Since I will be going to AirBnB location which is different address than the UPS mailbox address which one should I tell them when they ask where are you moving to?

Thanks

On the forms (GTF etc) I added that address. Officers asked for the address and I showed them the address I had (UPS address, not AirBnb). They put that in, nothing else asked.

Hi,
I have taken the UPS mailbox service. Just want to enquire if it’s possible to get the PR card mailed outside Canada. Since my plan is to do soft landing for now and later settle.