You have to send your documents in two packages separately. Follow instructions of the VFS NYC.
For each package:
- Passport request letter (fill out the appendix with your and your’s spouse’s info)
- Consent form (two copies) (both signed by the person who the package is for)
- Photos of the person who the package is for (2 – 1 which has details on the back, 1 which has nothing on the back)
- I believe the invoice of the payment for the person
- Return label for the person
Make one package for yourself, one for your spouse.
Keep everything related to your spouse in their package.
The ONLY thing connecting you to your spouse is the passport request letter. Note that it’s OK to have that letter addressed to you (since you are the primary applicant). Just ensure the appendix is completed for the letter that you will add to each package.