VAC NYC passport submission request

I have received an email to submit the passports to VAC NYC. We will be sending passports for primary and dependent and a passport copy for children.

Are we supposed to send all in one package to VAC and pay transmission fees once or all individual applications are needed to be sent in separate packages with separate fees for each?

@Jose @ameha - How did you guys do this?

Thanks

You have to send your documents in two packages separately. Follow instructions of the VFS NYC.

For each package:

• Passport request letter (fill out the appendix with your and yourā€™s spouseā€™s info)
  • Consent form (two copies) (both signed by the person who the package is for)
  • Photos of the person who the package is for (2 ā€“ 1 which has details on the back, 1 which has nothing on the back)
  • Passport
  • I believe the invoice of the payment for the person
  • Return label for the person

Make one package for yourself, one for your spouse.

Keep everything related to your spouse in their package.

The ONLY thing connecting you to your spouse is the passport request letter. Note that itā€™s OK to have that letter addressed to you (since you are the primary applicant). Just ensure the appendix is completed for the letter that you will add to each package.

@ameha - Thanks for the clarification. From what I understood is that if you have a dependent child needing just a passport copy to be sent. This will be the third package, right?

So we have to pay individual courier charges and separate Money orders for all packages?

Hmm, Iā€™d think so. Once you email their label request email address, they will need you to fill out an excel sheet with all your family members listed in it. So Iā€™m guessing itā€™ll be three packages for all of you ā€” unless otherwise stated for the kid.

To confirm ā€” Iā€™d call their helpline and ask. The vfs helpline is pretty good.

Ameha covered all the steps.

Just one thingā€¦ If the child is US citizen, no need to send the passport, they will be given Visitor Record directly in Port of Entry. If received the passport request letter for child as well, then I believe you need to send the original passport in a separate package.

@ameha @Jose

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I called VFS helpline and they need everything in separate package for each applicant. Even if itā€™s just a passport copy for your US Citizen Child, it will be a separate package to them.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jose @ameha , we landed with our US born son last month but he was not given a visitor record stating he is under 4 years and US citizen and does not need visitor record. His passport was only stamped stating allowed until

But to get health card, it is required it seems.
Do we know how to get visitor record now?

Hi @naimil I am in the process of preparing the VFS packets for sending passports for myself and spouse, and passport copy for my 3 month old daughter who is US citizen. I will be sending 3 packets as per conversation in this thread.

Do you know if one of the parents needs to sign and notarize the consent form for a minor US Citizen child who canā€™t sign? What did you end up doing?

Never mind, I have now submitted the application. I did not notarize, I just signed myself and wrote ā€œFather - Father nameā€ next to my signature.

I have another concern actually. @Jose @ameha @naimil would really appreciate your response. I sent out the FedEx envelopes with our passports and all docs yesterday. It will be delivered today to VFS NYC. There were 3 envelopes (2 adults and US citizen child). However, I just realized I forgot to super-scribe the FexEx envelopes with ā€œAPPLICATION FOR ORIGINAL
PASSPORT SUBMISSION ā€“ REFERENCE NUMBERā€. I am worried that without the reference numbers, it might create delay as they wouldnā€™t easily know which are the 3 envelopes that go together, so they have to manually open all envelopes (the reference numbers are in the confirmation printout that I enclosed inside envelope).

Did you anyone else make the same mistake but still observed usual processing time?

@arjun-humain - Actually, we donā€™t have to send the passport for US citizen child. We didnā€™t send it. Even if you send, they will send it back without any stamp on it. You will receive Visitor Record for the kid at the port of entry.

Also, not required to superscribe anything on the envelope. You just have a take a print out of the shipping label sent by VFS and attach it on top of envelope. They will scan the shipping label and it will have the reference of other applicants linked to it. No worries about them manually checking for 3 different ones.

Thanks @Jose ! That is very reassuring. I was worried because the VFS confirmation letter explicitly says ā€œ You should super-scribe the envelope with ā€˜APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT, WORK PERMIT, PRTD OR ORIGINAL
PASSPORT SUBMISSION ā€“ REFERENCE NUMBERā€™ (For e.g. ā€˜APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT ā€“ XYZ2503471355/2ā€™)ā€

Btw, I did not send my US citizen childā€™s passport, but I did send a separate envelope for her with her passport photo page copy and other documents.

Hi @Jose and others

Did you guys get regular updates from VFS via email?

My packages reached VFS 2 days ago. I havenā€™t received any email from them yet. I was expecting an email saying that they received the packet and are processing it. Their website requires some tracking ID number to check status, but I guess I will get the tracking number only when they send the email.

@arjun-humain

Hi! I just realized that I made the same mistake. Have you received any updates since then and has your passport been processed as normal? Iā€™m really anxious now so thank you in advance for any information!

@Barry

Did you get your passport processing done? Did you face any issue ?

@Barry Donā€™t worry about it. It was processed normally. I had sent out the FedEx package on Mar 1 (or 2nd may be) and received the passports back on Mar 31.

Hi Ameha,

What address you filled out on consent form ? Current residence or passport address?

@Jose @arjun-humain I have a question as we received the passport submission request.

1. Can we do 1 way courier or we must do 2 way courier for NYC VFS for passport submission? We live currently in USa.

2. What should be the address filled out on the vfs consent form? Current USA residence or passport address which is our permanent residence in india ?