WES evaluation for SCDL (Symbiosis Institute of Distance Learning)

You can reach out to me at venkatesh.vaidyanathan@gmail.com.

@sherie: I have a similar case. Did you get the answer?
I have a 4 years Bachelor degree along with 1 year post graduation certificate from SCDL. Does ICAS or IQAS consider this as “Two or more certificate/Diploma/Degree…” ?

Hi all,

I have received a response from IQAS. They have evaluated the PGDBA from SCDL and recognized it and it is equivalent to a University Diploma degree from Canada.

Please dont apply to WES. They are not recognizing the degree.

Thanks

Hi Venkatesh, Congrats for clearing your ECA with flying colors.

I did my B.Tech in Mech Engg (2006-10) and PGDBA from SCDL (2013-15)

Should I apply for ECA from ICAS or IQAS ?

Hi venkatesh,

I also did a pgdba in finance from Scdl in 2008 to 2010. Which year did your wife compete the course? It will v helpful if you could reply, am v worried.

Thanks,
Deepika

Hello all,

I have received my report today from WES. They did not recognize my PGDIT from Symbiosis. So don’t go to WES for recognizing anything from symbiosis.

1 Like

I have few questions on education evaluation please help me if you could

I did my BE and got it evaluated from WES

Since i couldn’t achieve required score I am planning to do SCDL PGDHRM distance course (1.5 years duration) course and get it evaluated from IQAS

Now I have 2 questions

1. Whether IQAS evaluates PGDHRM course?

2. Once evaluated, should I select “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” in express entry profile?

(I have already selected 4 year degree and created an express entry profile)

I have completed her PDGBA & PGDSCM from Symbiosis Institute of Distance Learning (SCDL) post Bachelors of Engineering . I verified that SCDL is getting listed within WES as a recognized institution once I create a profile and search for an institution to select. I found in few forums that they had listed that WES is not recognizing PGDBA & PGDSCM degree from SCDL. Have anyone got approval or denial from WES for credential evaluation request submitted for SCDL degree?

Hi @venkatesh.vaidyanath

I have done my 3 years Bachelors, PGDBA from SCDL and 1 year full program in PGPBA from Praxis Business School.

So Should I send all the 3 certificates for verification.

I see that WES doesn’t recognize PGDBA from SCDL. should I send it WES or IQAS?

Kindly Reply.
TIA
Abhishek

Hi, I have done Bcom, Mcom from Kerala University and PGDBA from scdl. Whether it is better to send all eca request to IQAS or Bcom, Mcom from Wes and PGDBA from IQAS? May be it’s a foolish question but would like to know. Or can we send all three to Wes and IQAS? Or only bcom & mcom needs to be validated and ignore pgdba from symbiosis?

Last week I got my ECA report from WES. From that I know they dont recognize indian universities 3+2 (bachelor plus master) as master instead they gave my two or more diploma.

I advice you to apply to some other agencies in order to get your master degree equivalency. Its better if apply for bcom plus Mcom.

And if at all you come to know to which agency to apply please let me also know :slightly_smiling_face: Im also looking for answers where I can get my 3+2 ( bsc plus Msc) recognised as Master.

Im not sure which agency is faster apart from WES.