What compromises did you make after moving to Canada from US (Apart from Total Compensation)?

Is that $300 for both SUVs or it is $300each for each car?

What is the company name that you took policy from?

For both cars - ~$145 each. It’s from Allstate, I can 100% recommend her if anyone looking for Car insurance in Alberta. I called 5 different agents - 2 were shady and offered me crazy prices like $300 for each car. The agent was wonderful, she added an additional discounts wherever there was scope - We also agreed to use drive wise app which reduces your price - (Allstate does provide the discount) . Plus we are covered in United States if we plan to drive there for vacation. Overall it was great experience with Allstate - others were kind of slow, asked for many documentation and etc…

Are these annual dollar numbers or monthly numbers?

$145 per car per year is a steal whereas $145 per car per month is about $3500 which is fairly pricey depending on where you’re coming from in the US.

Monthly numbers - In US I used to pay peanuts for insurance. But it appears here in Canada its higher!

lol… if you know prices in GTA then you would have never asked if $145 is per year :stuck_out_tongue:

In GTA, it can be $300-500 per month … which is like $3600-6000 only for 1 car…

1 Like

Can you please DM me the agent name and contact info… I will try asking her what she can offer me for my car… Although I am not in Alberta… I am in GTA … but still no harm to ask her.