Where to send Passport | Fedex doesn't seem to deliver | Kindly assist

All,

I have got a PPR request to send my passport to the below address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
P.O. Box 8781 Ottawa, ON
K1G 5B3

Problem is FedEx doesn’t seem to deliver to this address because of a P.O. box. And also I cannot generate return shipping label from this address.

You can use (USPS or Canada) express post and include a self-addressed envelope for express post again. Generally, there is an address for courier too. Like for the case of a Temporary Resident Visa:

To submit a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application from within Canada, mail your application to:

Temporary Resident Visa Section
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
P.O. Box 8780 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5A9

If sent by private courier:

Temporary Resident Visa Section
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Can you really use USPS? Most threads talk about UPS or FEDEX

CPC_Ottawa is going to return the passport for sure using the Canada Express Post…they do not use courier for the return of documents…

@gouthamcooldude , is your mailing address in USA? If yes then just read the email again, there is a separate mailing address for US addresses without PO box. That address should be mentioned just below the address you have provided

FedEx does deliver to PO Box. You need to tell the agent to add a phone number to get access to PO Box address link. Most agents are known to believe FedEx won’t do PO Box.

Also you will have to yourself create a FedEx online login account of yourself and create a return label. It takes some time and is painful process online. It would be good if the FedEx store has a computer and the agent can help create an online account.

Hope this helps.

Guys,

IS UPS a good option too ?

Yes. I used ups.

Hi @gouthamcooldude, @rahilshah100 - Sorry to revive an old thread. I’m in the same boat right now. My letter instructs to mail the passport to the same P.O box address (CPC – Ottawa – PR, P.O. Box 8781 Ottawa, ON) and FedEx is saying that they can deliver to P.O boxes only with a valid recipient phone number. However, this page says we must provide our own phone number instead of any IRCC phone number.

1. Did you guys ultimately send it to the P.O box address, or, to a different street address?
  2. If you used a P.O box address, what recipient phone number did you use - any IRCC phone number?

Thanks a lot for the help. It’d be very helpful if you could share your experience.

Yes, use your phone number. I followed instructions on the page you linked and had no problems. Just make sure you sign the customs declarations forms as required and use a commercial invoice as stated on the link. Cheers!

• Phone: Your own Phone Number, DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number.

How much it costs for fedex and UPS?

As far as I know, recently they changed address to P.O. box (when I applied in 2016 I was able to use FedEx since it wasn’t a PO box then). More recently one of my friend used USPS (they have tie-up with CanadaPost for US-Canada packages); once it reaches Canada, CanadaPost takes over. When you create a USPS label destined for Canada (or vice-versa), the other post’s tracking information is automatically added to your label (try it once to be sure).

Then you can use CP/USPS as you wish to send envelopes back and forth, to PO boxes or otherwise, including return envelopes etc. IIRC my friend added a return shipping label with re-usable USPS envelope and it worked.