Work experience letter and proving my work experience

Hi guys,

Im planing on opening entry express next week but i have a question regarding the reference letter.

I got the letter from my employer with ALL the requirement of IRCC, but I couldn’t get all the pay slips for my 3 years of experience (36 months). Some of them are missing so I have to ask the accounting department and they are kind of very slow and not very helpful with us.

Is it mandatory to add pay slips to the letter? are there other documents that must be added to justify work experience?

thank you the the help

Pay slips are optional and you don’t need to provide all of them. Just the last couple of months’ pay stubs should be fine.

1 Like

Hi!

I work in a big company and it’s headquarters are in Toronto, but I work in BC. Which address should be included in my experience letter?

In my case, all my companies provided the addresses of the headquarters on the experience letters irrespective of the offices where I worked at.

Hello !

I am an Consultant working for an IT company ( 3 layers) My employer is XYZ and i am a contractor for Infosys , working for Client - Cisco. so basically the supervisor responsible for over looking my duties is either Infosys Manager or Cisco Manager as i report to work at the Client site along with my Infosys Manager. The only thing done by my actual employer is my paystubs/benefits. I got my experience Letter from my Infosys Manager on the company letterhead as he is the one directly supervising my work and approving my timesheets(hours). Is that OK ? Or do i need to get a letter from my employer XYZ or Client-Cisco ?

Pleae help as i am very confused about this as i have heard a lot of rejections come due to problems with experience letter

@avj , @mrandmrs @vik - would appreciate your inputs/suggestions

I think it’s OK. It needs to have all the things given under the Proof of Experience section here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

and should be on official letter, should match NOC etc.

Yes it is issued as " to whom it may concern:… stating that i am contractor to Infosys and my employer is XYZ which is solely responsible for paystubs/benefits/hire and Fire … and then my Infosys manager states during her tenure and under my direct supervision, Ms.XXX has shown excellent dedication in following Key duties:
all the duties are written in 7-8 bullet points"
It is on an official company letterhead and also matches not all, but quite a few of NOC code 2171 duties

1. Do you think it will be beneficial to get a similar letter from the client manager as well ?
  2. My letter staes i am a full time employee working 40 hours/week but it DOES NOT state my annual salary but i have all my paystubs with me . would that be OK ?

FYI - My actual employer XYZ is not able to give me a letter with duties as they cannot attest to the duties. ( i work at the client site and the only way XYZ and I communicate is through email only for mostly HR reasons if needed)

I would recommend get one from employer which states the salary, and you have everything else from Infosys. And append these two together. It should be fine. Add paystubs as well.

Hello Avj,
I am a informatica developer and currently working in a production support project.
Should I go with NOC code 2172 or 2173

Hi,

I have around 5+ years of work experience including India and the US. I have worked in India for 2 years but don’t have any supporting documentation for that and the company is closed. For the US exp, I have verification letters and pay stubs. Can anyone please tell me what my options are? I have got my ITA and need to submit my documents asap.

Hi @avj, @mrandmrs,

I got ITA, now collecting work experience letters. I remember entering 6 yrs of foreign work-ex in my EE profile (while only 3 yrs is good enough). Do I need to show experience letters for all 6 yrs (thats 4 different companies)? Considering I do not want to explain my current employer know I need the experience letter for Canada PR, can I show letters only for the previous positions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @avj @mrandmrs,

I have created EE profile with noc 2172 holding 9 years experience and I am having experience letter of my previous company stating that I did work on informatica and other tools but it doesn’t mentioned about my role as Database analyst or other main duties which have been written for noc 2172, But Informatica itself is database analytical software which deliver design, develop and administer data management solutions, so is it fine by having only tool names under experience letter?
Is there any alternate solution as I don’t think that they will add any roles & responsibilities in my letter now as it is 4 years old experience letter, Please suggest

You need an work experience letters that states the duties and responsibilities, not just what software you worked on. Search for work experience letters on this forum you will find lots of information.

Hi everyone I have a query that i would like to discuss. Actually my graduation would have been completed in May 2020 but due to covid 19 pandemic my final year exams are still pending. So meanwhile i have been working in a firm as an accountant from june 2020. So i just want to know can this part of work experience that i would get before my final year exams could be counted as foreign work experience??

Hi I have a question please
My husband and I are planning to apply for express entry
Do we need a paper from work from the PRIMARY applicant alone? Or of the secondary applicant as well?
Thank you in advance!

I have a query if you may please help me.

I did my PhD from India and worked as a TA/RA during my PhD under UGC fellowship. I have managed to get a letter from my supervisor stating my work during my fellowship period. UGC used to send my salary to my university, which would disburse it directly to my bank account. I worked as a Junior Research Fellow from 2011 til 2014 and as a Senior Research Fellow from 2014 till 2016. My salary as a JRF was 16,000 per month and as an SRF was 25,000, with an HRA of 30%. However, there came a notice by UGC which raised the salary of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. But the office order was released by my university in 2017 to pay the arrears of 3,000 per month retrospectively. I recently got the bank statements from my bank, which we unfortunately incomplete. But I do have a few entries sporadically where I can show the amount 16,000 and 25,000 credited. The arrears amount came in 2017, for which my bank did not give statement and I intend to request them again (which is a long process in India).

There are a few issues here:

1. The salary written in my reference letter for SRF is 28,000. My university has apparently lost the office order which raised my amount of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. I have the order number with me but they cannot trace it. If I got this I could have proven that I was getting 28,000.
  2. My university sometimes would disburse the money for odd periods. Forexample, they would disburse it for 1 month and 10 days. So in some bank entries the amount mentioned is 18,666.7 (an not 16,000). Similarly for SRF amounts. And some times they would merge this amount with House Rent Allowance and sometimes these two would be paid separately. And some times this would be compounded by paying salary for 3 months together, I tried bifurcating but doing it with all the entries is very complicated. How do I explain this in my explanation letter?
  3. If the chairperson of my department writes that I used to get SRF for 25,000 which got increased to 28,000 would that suffice?

Please help. Please suggest any other alternative documents which I can present to support my case. I would not be able to prove my work experience?