Work experience letter and proving my work experience

Yea you need to add duties and responsibilities as per NoC code. IRcc has returned applications without duties and responsibilities in the past.

U better get a New document with all the details along with duties and responsibilities and send it thru CSE asap to avoid any refusal in future.

Thanks, My AOR is Feb 28th, 2019 and I have uploaded my Experience letters with job details again through the web form on Mar 21 st. Will they be accepted?

Definitely :slightly_smiling_face: u can relax now

Hello
1.Need advice.i work as a branch manager in psu and my zo or hrd will not give reference letter and neither denial letter (as i cannot ask them starightly for immigration as i can loose job)
In this case can another branch manager senior to me but in different city can give reference letter. If yes then can i take it on his branch letter head with his barnch stamp and sign.
Or it should be on plain letter?

1. Work experience which you show in personal history,is reference letter required for that too?
    And my this work experience will be counted?

Thanks in advance

Please read the thread above. Most of your concerns are already answered there.

Even if the experience is my country. I got job letters but the duties werenā€™t listed. I thought they are only interested in my Canadian Experience.

Hi,

Am applying for EE, Iā€™d like to understand how the work experience is tallied . I have 4 years experience plus a year of directorship in a company. Among the four year of work experience I have two years of regular salary payment and two years of non regular salary payments as I was working in a start up. But I do have offer letter, experience letter and registration letter. Will it be an issue if I have not received regular salary?

Should I opt to show only two years experience or can I go ahead with three plus experience?

@Akanksha, please go through the multiple threads on this forum if you have any additional concerns about work experience. Most of the questions have already been asked and answered here.

For FSW, here is the relevant information:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Unpaid jobs cannot be counted towards work experience.

Hey guys I have created my EE profile under NOC-2173, can you guys please confirm if job duties listed below by my organizaton will justify NOC-2173.

ļ‚· Gathering Identity and Access Management (IAM) requirements from client along with onsite coordinators, analyzing the same and creating authentication and authorization security policy specification documents based on those requirements

ļ‚· End-to-end implementations of IAM products, which involved installation and configuration of CA SiteMinder Policy server and Web agent components in clientā€™s environments for enabling Single sign-on for an uninterrupted user experience

ļ‚· Writing server-side scripts for installation, server start/stop, logging rollover, server health monitoring, maintenance and error related reporting using UNIX shell scripting

ļ‚· Planning and execution of functional, non-functional and user acceptance testing activities of all in-scope services as well as solution-level flows (IAM level, system integration testing) associated with hot-fixes, patches and enhancements

ļ‚· Analyzing issues, problems in client environment, performing root cause analysis, providing workarounds during production downtime, documenting the same for future reference and resolving the issues as per the agreed service level agreements (SLA)

The technologies / platforms that he worked on were: CA SiteMinder, CA Single Sign On (SSO), CA Web Agent, CA LDAP Directory, RSA Adaptive Authentication on Premise (AAOP) and programming languages like Java, C, C++, Unix Shell Scripting.

Hello Sir,
I would like to request you to provide the answer of below query related to my work experience latter.

1. I have total 12+ year experience of 5 companies and I have experience latter of them so it is mandatory to get the work experience latter again from all in specific format ?

2. Latter Date : what is the date need to be mentioned in latter e.g I did job in company from 12 Spe 2007 to 10 March 2009. So if I request them to provide the latter , which date need to be mention ? today date or 10th March 2009.

3. soft copy of work experience is valid ?

4. There is one year gap between graduation and post graduation, should I need to give justification of this one year gap ?

Thanks and regards,
Irchad

Your work experience letters need to contain the following details. This is what is mentioned when you receive your ITA.

ā€œYou must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
be an official document printed on company letterhead
include your name, the companyā€™s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
show all positions held while employed at the company
include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)ā€

If your existing work experience letters support this, you donā€™t need new ones.

It would be good if your letters mentioned the actual start date and end date. However the letter itself does not need to be backdated. It can be issued on the current date.

I am not sure what you mean by this. If you mean the work experience letter has been scanned and you just have a soft copy and not the original paper copy, that should be fine.

You would need to mention this later in your personal history section. No justification needs to be provided.

Hi Guys,
I am new to this podium and really appreciate the way it is helping others. My query is:
While doing Masterā€™s in USA, I have done full-time paid internship for 40 hrs/week and I was not a full time student while I was an intern. Is it possible to claim points for the internship in Express Entry? Any leads are going to be helpful.
Thanks
Abhishek

Please check this post:

Hi. I have worked for 4 months under one employer then for 2 months under another that makes 6 months. From 7th month I rejoined my first employer for 6 months. That would make me have one year work experience. Would that be applicable?

Help!

I reached out to my Employer and they donā€™t provide letters with ā€œTo whom it may concernā€. Given the sensitivity of the situation, I didnā€™t feel comfortable to disclose the fact Iā€™m applying for permanent residency in Canada and that Iā€™ll need the letter to prove my employment. So I told them I needed it for a bank loan. They were willing to provide a letter for that. Would this letter be acceptable? The context of the letter is the same, just addressed differently.

I donā€™t know whether a letter addressed to someone else would be acceptable. You can try using it and mention in the letter of explanation about why it is addressed to the bank. Would it not be possible to just get it addressed as ā€˜For Immigration Purposesā€™. Can you tell your employer that it is for visa stamping, maybe??

I tried that. Theyā€™re not willing to provide any kind of letter. Iā€™ve given up asking them.

These are the documents I can collect

1. All W2ā€™s.
  2. Paystubs from the last 3 years.
  3. An unsigned offer letter.
  4. A work experience letter I got from them 6 years ago about my position in the company(itā€™s got company letter head but very generic information.).
  5. Collect a letter form my manager(not sure even this would work due to work politics.)

Would this make my application look strong?

That should be fine. Just mention the reason in your letter of explanation. If you have any email from your company stating that they donā€™t issue experience letter addressed to ā€œTo whom it may concernā€, then attach that too.

You should be okay, but for folks generating the automatic letters using internal systems, Iā€™d suggest to be careful.
My company, for example, has a note that says this in the Employment Verification Letter .

ā€œIf this letter is addressed to the employee or to an unspecified recipient, such as ā€œTo Whom It May Concern,ā€ it does not constitute an approved
employment verification letter from XYZā€.

Note that In my case, it was for Ontario PNP. And this was my only way to get the letter. There is no way my manager or senior manager was going to give me one without them getting into any trouble.
So, I just gave the below as the ā€˜recipientā€™.

Recipient Address: Provincial Nominee Program, Government of Ontario, ON CAN
Recipient: Provincial Nominee Program

My application was submitted and has been confirmed accepted, so I can confirm that the above works.

For EE, potentially this may need to be updated to something similar.

Hope this helps.

Note: I donā€™t know if you can do this via something like Work Number, if anyone has experience with that, please chime in.