Work experience letter and proving my work experience

Technically, you get points for spouse’s work experience only if it was in Canada. For international experience, spouse does not get any points so I am not sure why your consultant insisted on adding it. Not sure whether CIC will look into spouse’s non-Canadian work experience.

We questioned our consultant as to why did she insist and got to know that it would not matter much as he is not primary and moreover it was an experience 11 yrs back. Moreover what she said is dependent’s experience won’t be verified. So we hope all will be well…

I have 15+ yrs of working experience as a Software Engineer - 9 yrs in India and 6+ yrs in US. I have few questions:

1. My current employer (working with them in US for last 6+ yrs.) issued an experience letter. However they addressed the letter to “Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)” and they said, according to company policy, they cannot address the letter as “To Whom It May Concern”. Will this work?
  2. I left my previous employer in 2012, with whom I worked for 2 yrs, and that was not in good terms and I am afraid to reach out to them in fear of unnecessary repercussions. However I have all the letters (appointment, hike), a bonafied certificate stating my joining date, role and salary (issued a month before I left the company), last 5 - 8 pay stubs and a notarized reference letter from my colleague from that company (he is still working there). I do not have relieving letter. Will these suffice?
  3. Is it true that, even though I have more than 15 yrs of experience as Software Engineer I can only show latest 3 yrs?

Please help.
Thanks.

Yes, that should be fine.

The maximum experience that you can claim points for is 3 years and you have the reference letter for your recent job of 6 years. I would suggest not adding this previous employment if getting a reference letter is going to be a nightmare. It is not going to give you any additional points anyway. Once you get the ITA, you can mention this job in the Personal History section.

It is not the latest 3 years but any 3 years. Any experience over 3 years values to the same amount of points.

My wife did internship for 4-5 months for 40 hours as full time. Can she claim that as experience?

See the following:

Also, if you search for “internship” on the forum, you will find a few other results as well.

I am the primary applicant and I added two work experience in my profile

1. 3.5 years in Company A - For which I have pay stubs, matching bank statement, reference letter matching with NOC, relieving letter and Offer Letter.
  2. 1.5 Years in Company B - This is a startup but my paystubs are not very regular and since I am also one of the share holders, I am afraid if my immigration officer finds the reference letter believable.

Now that I have received ITA, can I remove Company B and add it to Personal History and provide an LoE that I am not claiming points for the same, so I moved it .

Is it ok to move work ex after ITA if my score doesn’t get affected by this change?

Yes, you can claim work ex for only company A, and put your experience in company B in Personal History. Also, explain in LOE that you did not claim points for company B. I did the same think, and got my PPR few weeks back.

Hi All, In my experience letter I don’t have my job description, but I have everything else like job title, num of hrs worked a week, salary, leads seal and sign and everything in company letter head. Is this a problem?

Describing your job duties in the experience letter is the most vital factor in matching a particular NOC’s generic job description.

Yea you need to add duties and responsibilities as per NoC code. IRcc has returned applications without duties and responsibilities in the past.

U better get a New document with all the details along with duties and responsibilities and send it thru CSE asap to avoid any refusal in future.

Thanks, My AOR is Feb 28th, 2019 and I have uploaded my Experience letters with job details again through the web form on Mar 21 st. Will they be accepted?

Definitely :slightly_smiling_face: u can relax now

Hello
1.Need advice.i work as a branch manager in psu and my zo or hrd will not give reference letter and neither denial letter (as i cannot ask them starightly for immigration as i can loose job)
In this case can another branch manager senior to me but in different city can give reference letter. If yes then can i take it on his branch letter head with his barnch stamp and sign.
Or it should be on plain letter?

1. Work experience which you show in personal history,is reference letter required for that too?
    And my this work experience will be counted?

Thanks in advance

Please read the thread above. Most of your concerns are already answered there.

Even if the experience is my country. I got job letters but the duties weren’t listed. I thought they are only interested in my Canadian Experience.

Hi,

Am applying for EE, I’d like to understand how the work experience is tallied . I have 4 years experience plus a year of directorship in a company. Among the four year of work experience I have two years of regular salary payment and two years of non regular salary payments as I was working in a start up. But I do have offer letter, experience letter and registration letter. Will it be an issue if I have not received regular salary?

Should I opt to show only two years experience or can I go ahead with three plus experience?

@Akanksha, please go through the multiple threads on this forum if you have any additional concerns about work experience. Most of the questions have already been asked and answered here.

For FSW, here is the relevant information:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Unpaid jobs cannot be counted towards work experience.

Hey guys I have created my EE profile under NOC-2173, can you guys please confirm if job duties listed below by my organizaton will justify NOC-2173.

 Gathering Identity and Access Management (IAM) requirements from client along with onsite coordinators, analyzing the same and creating authentication and authorization security policy specification documents based on those requirements

 End-to-end implementations of IAM products, which involved installation and configuration of CA SiteMinder Policy server and Web agent components in client’s environments for enabling Single sign-on for an uninterrupted user experience

 Writing server-side scripts for installation, server start/stop, logging rollover, server health monitoring, maintenance and error related reporting using UNIX shell scripting

 Planning and execution of functional, non-functional and user acceptance testing activities of all in-scope services as well as solution-level flows (IAM level, system integration testing) associated with hot-fixes, patches and enhancements

 Analyzing issues, problems in client environment, performing root cause analysis, providing workarounds during production downtime, documenting the same for future reference and resolving the issues as per the agreed service level agreements (SLA)

The technologies / platforms that he worked on were: CA SiteMinder, CA Single Sign On (SSO), CA Web Agent, CA LDAP Directory, RSA Adaptive Authentication on Premise (AAOP) and programming languages like Java, C, C++, Unix Shell Scripting.