Work experience letter and proving my work experience

Anshul has answered your question. As long as you can get experience letters you can claim them.

@avj I was curious to know, why the RA/TA/GA position wont count? It falls under NOC 4012. In my case, my entire work experience is as RA/TA/GA along with some internships in between, and some gaps during the summer for 3 months.

Hmm…I did a quick search and found this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=29

I distinctly remember reading on CIC website that RA/TA etc doesn’t count. Maybe they recently changed it I’m not sure, the page seems to be updated on Oct 19 2018 but I cannot find the old one. If there’s an NOC for it then please use it you don’t wanna lose out on those points.

Hello All,

I am the secondary applicant and have read the following most of the time.

1. The secondary applicant’s proof of employment (with number of hours, salary, roles and responsibilities) is not required. A simple relieving letter (which states the start and end date, also the designation) would suffice. Is it true?

2. Also I have read that the secondary applicant can add all his/her work experience related details in the Personal History field and leave the employment details blank.

My question is that is there anyone who has completed this process and got the PR without any hassle.

Hi, I have a question.
The secondary applicant’s work ex points are not added (unless Canada work ex) and hence not claimed.
So does he/she have to submit the referrence letters?

I am asking this in context to secondary applicant where EE profile was created with secondary applicant work ex details(no points received as India/US work ex) and now post ITA what are the steps if only the following documents are available - Releiving letter with designation held, the tenure and location work as a referrence letter and as supporting documents offer letter, promotion letters, salary slips, ITRs etc.

If you are stating that the secondary applicant has work experience, you need to submit reference letters. Now, the secondary applicant might not be able to collect the reference letter documents. In that case, please do what you can with the documents you have. See if they are in touch with a colleague from the previous companies and use their reference as a supporting documents.

Btw you have sufficient documents to support the experience. Relieving letter with designation, tenure and work location. Have you tried reaching out to the HR of the company? If you did and they denied providing a letter you could use that as a supporting document.

Thank you for answering.

Do CIC ask for secondary applicant’s experience/referrence letter upfront i.e. in the post ITA stage or they do an ADR after the post ITA docs are submitted?

How to show secondary applicant’s work exp if no further reference documents are available? I have heard many people suggesting to add the work exp in the personal history of the secondary applicant and add 0/ leave blank the work exp field. Is it true?

Also do CIC do a background verification with the employer/s?

Yes, you can move secondary applicant’s experience into personal history.
CIC - can do a background check if it wishes.

Post ITA when you submit your documents you need to include all supporting documents.

Thank you.

I hv a quick query… My husband worked in a company at least 12 yrs back and that company doesn’t exist anymore. We told our consultant the same but still she asked for the docs and we gave her at the time of appln submission. Now I am worried tht if they call tht company, there is no one to answer… So would tht matter? However… I am the primary applicant and we are not even claiming points for his experience but only for mine… I am worried if this would delay the processing. Please clarify.

Technically, you get points for spouse’s work experience only if it was in Canada. For international experience, spouse does not get any points so I am not sure why your consultant insisted on adding it. Not sure whether CIC will look into spouse’s non-Canadian work experience.

We questioned our consultant as to why did she insist and got to know that it would not matter much as he is not primary and moreover it was an experience 11 yrs back. Moreover what she said is dependent’s experience won’t be verified. So we hope all will be well…

I have 15+ yrs of working experience as a Software Engineer - 9 yrs in India and 6+ yrs in US. I have few questions:

1. My current employer (working with them in US for last 6+ yrs.) issued an experience letter. However they addressed the letter to “Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)” and they said, according to company policy, they cannot address the letter as “To Whom It May Concern”. Will this work?
  2. I left my previous employer in 2012, with whom I worked for 2 yrs, and that was not in good terms and I am afraid to reach out to them in fear of unnecessary repercussions. However I have all the letters (appointment, hike), a bonafied certificate stating my joining date, role and salary (issued a month before I left the company), last 5 - 8 pay stubs and a notarized reference letter from my colleague from that company (he is still working there). I do not have relieving letter. Will these suffice?
  3. Is it true that, even though I have more than 15 yrs of experience as Software Engineer I can only show latest 3 yrs?

Please help.
Thanks.

Yes, that should be fine.

The maximum experience that you can claim points for is 3 years and you have the reference letter for your recent job of 6 years. I would suggest not adding this previous employment if getting a reference letter is going to be a nightmare. It is not going to give you any additional points anyway. Once you get the ITA, you can mention this job in the Personal History section.

It is not the latest 3 years but any 3 years. Any experience over 3 years values to the same amount of points.

My wife did internship for 4-5 months for 40 hours as full time. Can she claim that as experience?

See the following:

Also, if you search for “internship” on the forum, you will find a few other results as well.

I am the primary applicant and I added two work experience in my profile

1. 3.5 years in Company A - For which I have pay stubs, matching bank statement, reference letter matching with NOC, relieving letter and Offer Letter.
  2. 1.5 Years in Company B - This is a startup but my paystubs are not very regular and since I am also one of the share holders, I am afraid if my immigration officer finds the reference letter believable.

Now that I have received ITA, can I remove Company B and add it to Personal History and provide an LoE that I am not claiming points for the same, so I moved it .

Is it ok to move work ex after ITA if my score doesn’t get affected by this change?

Yes, you can claim work ex for only company A, and put your experience in company B in Personal History. Also, explain in LOE that you did not claim points for company B. I did the same think, and got my PPR few weeks back.

Hi All, In my experience letter I don’t have my job description, but I have everything else like job title, num of hrs worked a week, salary, leads seal and sign and everything in company letter head. Is this a problem?

Describing your job duties in the experience letter is the most vital factor in matching a particular NOC’s generic job description.