It has been more than two months since nothing has changed in the application. I am beginning to get worried and I checked my employment letters and just saw that none of my employers listed work duties and responsibilities.
In your experience, is that a major issue?
Yes, This is a major Issue. Please get new reference letters from your employers. Check the Reference letters guidelines from CIC and draft your reference letters according to that. Once you get them, please raise a CSE (web form) request and provide these letters with an Letter of Explanation.
Can someone please provide the reference letter guideline? I have no more access to the application guidelines.
Proof of work experience
To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements
- The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
- At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
- a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
- should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
- should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
- if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).
Individuals who must submit this documentation
- The principal applicant
- Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)
Thanks so much.
Do you know if this submission to change information will extend processing times?
Most probably might, but its still better than refusal!!
Status staying unchanged for 2 months isn’t uncommon at all since processing has been running slow in the past few months.
My application’s status was unchanged for almost 5 months until we received the invitation email out of the blue.
However - your reference letters not listing responsibilities is a whole different matter altogether.
Did you mean the Passport request e mail ?
I meant to say - My status was unchanged for months until I received the Passport Request email .