Adding Spouse to the PR application which is in Progress

As per IRCC website I think you still need to wait before you can enter. Again, always better to check with IRCC and maybe someone watching this thread can correct me if I’m wrong

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Thank you Prasan, I have seen this too on IRCC but it is not very clear. I seem to be exempt since I live in US and can travel directly with COPR, my husband could be exempt as of being spouse of a permanent resident, how ever, I think we should both submit our passports for visa issuance and land to Canada together and technically I am not a permanent resident before then…
Let me know if you had any further insight. Thank you very much!

Hi guys, I am CEC inland applicant. Eligibility passed, criminality in process, security and medical not started. Now, I am planing for my wedding end of Dec which will be outside canada and I will away for a week. I called Cic call center, She adviced to inform cic via webform for the week I will be away and also mention that I will be adding spouse to my present application. I need clarification on few things;

1. Is it good idea to add spouse at this time? I believe if I do another application later on it will take allot of time.
    2)Will cic officer be generous enough to accept such requests?
  2. if you have any other suggestions, that will be appreciated. Thank you

Hi, need to know about PR application, I applied for PR, After AOR I got married, my biometrics was done, her name is added and all documents got uploaded with medical and pcc, how long it takes for my wife’s biometrics to get in general, and our PpR? Hello,

Hi,
Can you update on this?
I was unable to find the option to upload my spouse documents. Also, did you add the LOE , can you share the format/details you added in that?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, how long it takes for PR to come after spouse name is added to prinicipal application. If PR?

I filed my application in Sep 2019, added spouse in Nov 2019, got additional document request in Dec 2019.
I submitted additional documents in Jan 2020. I got spouse biometrics request in May 2020 and Medical request in June 2020. Medical was done immediately. However, due to covid, spouse biometrics was submitted only in Jan 2021. Still waiting for an update from CiC

Thank u😊

Hi Prasan,
I am in the same boat I’ve been waiting for my PR for the last 7 months and I got married 2 months ago, I raised a webform and got a general reply.
what I understand from that reply is I have to submit. generic form (main part by applicant dependant part by spouse)
2.background declaration by a spouse only
3. family info ( separately from applicant and spouse)
will not use 0008DEP additional dependant as I am only adding my spouse. My question what we have to write in letter of explanation?

Hi @Tf253 ,

So did you raise one more webform after submitting spouse’s docs?

Hi,
I have similar updates on my application. Added my spouse who is in India in Jan 2020, gave my spouse’s medical in september, biometrics in december, 2020 and now waiting for their reply. When I call them and ask for status update, they say all eligibility including background and security checks have been completed, now only waiting for officer’s decision. But they are unable to provide any update on how long it will take?
Moreover, as I am a student, can I also apply for spousal open work permit?

Thank you

Hi Prasan, @prasan
I have some queries regarding adding spouse:
I had an expired COPR and received a mail from IRCC whether i want to travel.
I told them about my recently changed marital status and they sent me a generic mail with all forms and fee details .
however, my spouse is already a PPR mail holder (passport not yet stamped due to COVID) and I replied the same to IRCC but there is no response.
Now i am worried that I have time till 2nd July for submission of all docs and fee and I have no guidance from anyone. My questions are:

1. Do i need to pay fee again for my husband even though he has paid processing fee earlier while applying in express entry, moreover he is also a PPR (golden mail) holder.
  2. form asks me to pay 550$ and 490$ but in link the amount is different . which link do i have to use to pay the fee (Express entry or Family sponsorship)
  3. I i do pay the fee for my husband can i get a refund of the earlier fee
  4. can we contact IRCC on telephone from outside canada (cic say no but any side methods for my case)

Please reply soon.

Hi Kajol,

Did you get any update yet?

Hi Prasan,
Thanks a lot for your great guidance.

I got my CSQ last year and applied for PR (Quebec skilled worker). Recently I got married, so I want to inform IRCC about changing my marital status change
In webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
for “Type of application/enquiry” I don’t know what option should I choose? it does not have any option mentioned important change or marriage in it.

Should I choose “Replacement document, amendments to document and verification to status documents”?

I appreciate it if you or anyone can tell me what option you chose?

Hi All,

I have received my copr and single entry visa this year jan 2021 with single status.

May 2021: I got married in may and updated the same to the ircc. They asked me to submit the required documents for my spouse.

June 14 2021: We uploaded all the forms, marriage certificate, payment, pcc etc using web form. We also wrote a detailed cover letter describing why we had to get married now etc.

June 23 2021: We got an acknowledgment that

“ We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

July 13th 2021: since no reply from ircc, we sent an upfront medical for my spouse and attached our financials just to expedite the process. My employer in the USA agreed to transfer me to Toronto so i have the additional pressure of giving them my timeline. I mentioned the same in the webform as well.

July 23rd 2021: acknowledgement of the uploaded documents and generic reply again.

Note: they have not asked me to send my previous copr or passport to cancel that yet.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? When we spoke to a lawyer she said this process will take about 2-3 months to get your single entry visas and copr. Is that an accurate timeline for 2021 ? Did any one get any other info or AOR for adding spouse when you send them these documents. Please let me know.

1 Like

Hi,

I am not sure about your questions on whether you have to pay the fee again. But incase you end up paying the attached image is what i did for my husband but he is not a golden mail holder. It looks like you might have to pay the fee and request a refund on the other fee. This might be quicker and efficient than waiting for them to adjust the fees. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Avinash. I haven’t gotten the passport request yet but it is also expiring within 6 months. What happened in your case? Thank you

1 Like

Chose the type that you applied through.
I’m assuming it is Permanent residence (Applied online)

Hii
I just got my mpnp and now my file is under process am planning to go india for my marriage but am scared is there any risk or it take long time if i add my spouse please answer.
Thank you

Hi Simonsays,

I think we are getting to your situation,

Could you please guide me:
My wife has got her CSQ and has been in the process of getting her pr for more than 1.5 years. Recently we got married, so we just got this email from the government asking for my documents, but I don’t have a CSQ. What should I do?
This letter gave me 60 days to send my documents.
I recently got my pgwp and I’m working in a company located in Montreal.