Adding Spouse to the PR application which is in Progress

Hi,

Could you please help me with the forms you mentioned above, as my PR application is in process and I just got married so trying to add my spouse as a dependent in my profile. Just need a few details:

1. IMM 0008e - Who should be the principal applicant in this form, considering it’s my profile and I need to add my spouse details into it.
  2. IMM 5669 (Schedule A Background/ Declaration) - Should it be filled by both of us separately, or it just needs to be filled by my spouse.
  3. IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) - Who should fill this form, me or my spouse

Kindly, provide your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @Shubh sorry for the late response I hadn’t checked my email

1. In imm0008 I have put myself as primary applicant
  2. Imm5669 was filled just by my spouse.
  3. In imm5406 we had listed myself as primary applicant and gave information on my wife’s parents and siblings

Hope this helps.

Hi Avinash,

I already submitted our documents through 4 IRCC webforms, it has been more than a week but have not heard back anything. My question is are they supposed to aknowledge receipt of documents and if so how can I follow up?
Thanks so much,

Hi Prasan,

I have already submitted our documents through 4 IRCC webforms and have not heard any receipt acknowledgment nor any change in my CIC. Should I expect to receive something and if so, how should I follow up? Thanks very much,

Sorry for the delayed response. Sometimes they respond back saying they received docs sometimes they don’t. Just send another query asking them to confirm

Hi @prasan @nik

My wife and I just got our IELTS results. I did very well but her result wasn’t that great. If I apply as spouse not accompanying, my score will be 471. However, if I add my wife as a secondary applicant, my score will drop to 455.

My questions:
If I continue the application with the spouse not accompanying option, can I add my wife and daughter to the application after receiving AOR?

Will my score be recalculated after adding my wife, considering the fact that I was married at the time I started the application.

Please, help me make an informed decision.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in anticipation.

If I continue the application with the spouse not accompanying option, can I add my wife and daughter to the application after receiving AOR?
-No, you cannot do that. In that case you have to get your PR first and then apply for dependents separately

Will my score be recalculated after adding my wife, considering the fact that I was married at the time I started the application.
-Yes it will be recalculated.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question, Nik.

Your reply is helpful.

Hey @prasan,

Thank you for the information, it’s quite helpful.
Just one more thing please, did you pay the fees required for ‘sponsoring your spouse’ or some other option.

Thanks in advance,
Shubh

Unfortunately I can’t recall that information anymore. However I checked the receipt and I had paid and submitted proof for 1125 CAD

Hey guys, my husband was also asked to fill the IMM5406 form. There was a link to do so on the myCIC account, so we attached it there on Sept 25th. However, we haven’t received any acknowledgement, and the status on myCIC account still says action is needed from your side. Any idea how much time this takes to update? Or how much time it takes after this stage to get the PPR, if everything else in the application was done according to GCMS notes?

Hi guys! hope you can help me out. LVO send me the amount of 490CAD for RPRF and 550 CAD for processing fee. Now if i am paying online the processing fee is 800+CAD and 500 for RPRF. Now I am confuse on which one to follow.

Thanks so much, they finally received our docs. Do you know how long after submitting my spouse biometrics we will be asked to send our passposrts? I was already asked to send mine in January, but since I was planning to get married, didn’t do so and now adding my spouse.

Pre covid it would be around 3 months.

My wife gave biometrics in Aug’2020. We did get passport submission request at the end of Sep’2020.
So it was about month and half for me
@Tf253

Hi @prasan

Quick question. I got passport submission request. However, it says that I should atleast have 6 months on my passport.
However, unfortunately I only have 5 months left.

I was looking to get it renewed, but because of the current CKGS transition to VFS Global, they are not renewing passports now.
Any advice will be greatly helpful.

Will CIC accept mine with less than 6 months left on passport ?

I’m really not sure @avinash. I would suggest go for a webform query

Yeah sure, I’ll do that @prasan. Thank you :slight_smile:

Really appreciate your response! That is great!!! Do you also know once you submit the passport are you allowed to land to Canada considering current situation? My husband is not in US and not sure if exceptions apply to us. Thanks so much in advance for you help.

Thanks so much Prasan, super helpful. Do you also know once we get our visa, can we land to Canada or that depends on the country you are traveling from? Thanks so much for your help!