Adding Spouse to the PR application which is in Progress

Thank you @nik for your help. Appreciate it

Hi @prasan, thank you for your response. I understood the answers that you gave to my queries. One other thing that I wanted to ask is now if I want to proceed further and add him, should I do it via web forms?
And I was reading online that I should raise a web form on Canadian embassy from the place I originally applied for my PR application. Is that the case, meaning is there a specific website for IRCC Web forms based on city?

Apologies for the delay in response.

@nik , feel free to chime in if you have any experience or knowledge with the question I asked Prasan

Hi Sanah,

From what i had understood, the ircc webform is used for any queries on your application if its being processed inside Canada. I may be wrong.

And here’s the link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Hi Prasan, but my case must be getting processes in Canadian Embassy in New Delhi as I applied there. So my concern was all the web forms in general to go one place or there is a specific website for every city where there is a Canadian consulate in India.

Just want to make sure that I am following the correct process.

If I were you I would give it a shot. Pretty sure this is the only way to communicate directly with ircc :slight_smile:

Thank you. I will communicate via web forms.

Hi @waiting1234: Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. I am in the same boat currently and reading your responses has been very helpful.

How did you end up uploading these docs and the receipt of the processing fee - to your MyCIC account or via Web form?

My marital status changed after my application was approved. Once I informed them of the same, I was asked to provide these docs for adding my wife and the request letter specifically asks to upload the docs and the receipt of the processing fee to MyCIC account.

However, there is no option to upload the documents anywhere on MyCIC account. All the documents under View submitted application or upload documents tab are in read-only mode, with no option to upload more docs, perhaps because my application was already submitted.

Could you please suggest how should I upload the requested documents? Is WebForm enough and that’s what you used? I was worried since the letter specifically asked to upload on MyCIC account. Thanks a lot!

Hello all,
can you tell me that we can add our spouse to our canada PR file, as already my application is under processed, is our spouse is eligible or not, can you tell me the whole process.
thanks.

[quote=“MANN90, post:51, topic:4211, full:true”]
Hello all,
can you tell me that we can add our spouse to our canada PR file, as already my application is under processed PNP , is our spouse is eligible or not, can you tell me the whole process.
thanks.

Hello all,
can you tell me that we can add our spouse to our canada PR file, as already my application is under processed, is our spouse is eligible or not, can you tell me the whole process.
thanks.

Hello @pjain28

Not sure if you already have an answer.

You can upload the documents in the webform, and some one will soon acknowledge your ticket. I remember submitting 2 webforms to submit my wife’s documents.

1 Like

Hello @prasan @waiting1234 @Coded @sanah.ahluwalia @nik

A quick question…
Earlier this year, I notified IRCC of my marital status change, and did submit all my wife’s corresponding documents. She gave her biometrics last week (08/14/2020., however we went past the 90 days deadline CIC gave for her to give biometrics - blame the pandemic !).
Do you think that will be okay considering we couldn’t do biometrics in time.

Can you also please let us know of what would next steps be, along with approximate timelines ? That would be so helpful.

Thanks a ton :slightly_smiling_face:

From this news piece, https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/delays-for-immigration-applicants-to-canada-amid-pandemic-1.5067683

“Speaking about all applicants, Lemkay said “no application will be closed or refused” for failing to meet documentation requirements or an inability to complete the application process under the usual timeline.”

Cool, thanks @deepac :slight_smile:

Do you know what will next steps be ? (post biometrics)

You just have to wait for final decision

Hi Friends, I had a question. When we add our spouse to existing applications, it essentially means that they will get a PR too. i.e. we do not need to submit any other applications for their work-permits correct?

Thanks a lot, @avinash!

Could you please help with a couple of quick questions @avinash @prasan @waiting1234. My wife is being added to my application after I had informed them about the change in marital status and they asked for a bunch of docs. There is no separate application for her.

1. The request letter mentioned both me (primary applicant) and my wife need to fill imm0008 form. The first ques is “program” and “Category” under which you are applying. For myself, it is “Economic” and “Skilled Worker”, but we’re terribly confused that what should these be for my wife - same as mine, or, “Family” as program and “Spouse” as category? I thought “Family” and “spouse” would be for those who are applying as a spouse of someone who already has a Canadian PR.

2. What should we fill under the UCI number for her? Same as my UCI number or leave blank (since she does not have a separate application).

It’d be very very helpful if you could please share what did you do as I could not find any answer to these anywhere and running against the clock. Thanks a lot, folks!

Hello, I had a question for you, does this process grant a PR to the spouse? Meaning can your spouse then work in Canada or do you need to apply for a work permit for your spouse?

Hi Prasan,

I read you added your spouse details later so just wanted to ask a few queries.
My PR file is already in process and I recently got married. I want to add my spouse details and IRCC wants me to provide certain forms which I need to query about:

1. IMM 0008 (Who should be principal applicant - me or my spouse , as I am adding him to my profile which is already being processed)
  2. IMM 5669 (Does it need to be filled by the person being added , in my case spouse, or both of us)
  3. IMM 5406 (Do we need to fill it too, as we don’t have any children yet, also do we need to fill out parents details into it)
    Kindly, provide your inputs.

Thanks in advance.