Advice on work permit option

That’s seems like an golden proposition but I doubt they have anything like that :slight_smile:
Please let me know if you find some details.

It will be great if we could find any such option and if we know anything can be done without reaching 40 points

Hi All,

@Takita @swamiom @Jose @srhere @rangarajanm Thanks for guiding so far. It has been very helpful.

Can you please share your inputs about how you started looking for apartments from US specially during Covid and which areas are considered affordable in GTA? Is it better to book before coming or after landing?
Secondly, which movers have you considered. We have to move from California to Toronto.

I am feeling this thread might turn bible for many more to come :slight_smile:

I’m not in GTA (Windsor), but it’s a pretty smooth experience for me. here’s my experience…I searched online, reached out to leasing office, booked appointment for virtual tour of the unit, discussed rent, utilities, deposit, etc., and signed application and sent DL copy electronically. Once this is completed, sent deposit certified check in CAD equivalent of USD via USPS. Once application approved, signed lease electronically. handed over prorated 1st month rent via CAD equivalent certified USD check on the move in date. signed lease physically and got the keys.

One advise is not to use Registered mail service if short of time which I did took more than a month to deliver, the mail delivered after move in. just first class mail or standard mail would be quicker. The reason for delay in registered mail is due to scan and secured storage at each and every point in transit.

Apartment search is pretty straight forward - many agents do online tour and it met our expectations when we booked online.

For movers if you have time - Nothing can beat uPack - extremely flexible and they did provide me extra 10 days of free storage on top of 14 days quarantine. All of our stuff, furniture reached in excellent condition. Only downside is you have to coordinate loader and un loaders but those are very easy to find. We moved 4 bed rooms + garage, estimate from other movers were around $18,000 and uPack charged sweet $5,000 plus has to pay $600 each for loading and unloading. They got excellent customer service.

Thanks @swamiom . Seems like upack has stopped services to Canada. So we need to look for some alternate. Mostly everyone is using palette options. I was also looking for a boss like upack or ubox but not finding anything

oh! uPack was so good. On this forum, you can find other recommendations.

Hey friends, coming back with another question here🙂

Do we need eTA to travel after getting our ICT WP and dependant visa if traveling from USA. In one of the Facebook post, it is mentioned that it is required.
Please guide.

Secondly, has anyone traveled recently need to go to quarantine if vaccinated.

Please guide as always. Thanks for everything

Hi everyone,

Please who can help with the NOC code for a UX Researcher. I’ve searched and searched but can’t find a suitable one. Thank you in advance.

Hey guys , I am new here … just looking for some advice … I applied for ICT to Canada on July 28 under GTS program and completed biometric on 18 th August , just 2 weeks completed but as per my attorney my application status is still showing latest update as biometric completed, just trying to get timelines here as a few of you have mentioned to received the approval and passport request letter within 2 weeks ? Should I be concerned ? Applied from Florida US

Hi Sachnam, we also are in similar boat. Waiting for two weeks but no PPR yet.

Friends, please let us know if anyone is aware about what is going on and is there anything we can do to get the application expedited.

@Nehag1985 I think approval timelines are all over the place. Some are getting in less than 2 weeks and for some it is taking even more than 3 weeks not very reliable. When did you guys gave your biometric and what is you application status at this point ?

It appears processing time is based on the province where job is located and VO associated with it. With Canada committed to bring 20,000 Afghans - IRCC is super engaged right now. I hope you guys get it soon.

@swamiom That Afghan crisis is definitely one of the reason . My workplace will be Toronto only which is where most of the IT jobs are. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that we hear something positive this week or May be next week , I don’t think there is any way to expedite this.

@Sachnam Coincidentally, we also did biometrics on 18th Aug and will be moving to Toronto. Really nervous at this time. I also feel that it is because of Afghanistan issue but as it is already two weeks after biometrics, not sure how long it can take now. Keeping fingers crossed

I know it’s hard to keep waiting especially if the timelines don’t work for you . I am also feeling the same. Is your status also showing just ‘biometric completed’ ?? I hope it’s get approved in next few days

Yes, it is only biometrics completed. Hoping to hear back soon.

Today one of my friends got the approval, he applied from US - for him total processing time was around 2.5 weeks after biometric - hope you guys get it soon.

@swamiom , great to hear that. Yes I also hope that we should also get some positive news by this weekend or by early next week .

@swamiom Thanks for this news. It give us hope. By any chance, can you share when was his exact biometrics datate and what was application submission date. Trying to sketch some timelines.

Thanks once again for sharing this :slightly_smiling_face: