Advice on work permit option

He did biometric around Aug 13th

Hello. If we have a Canadian tourist visitor visa would we still get the request for passport verification?
I still got a request to submit Biometrics , because back in 2017 Canada didnā€™t have biometrics collection for visitor visa.

@Nehag1985 , did you guys hear anything today ?

Not todayšŸ˜”

Me neither . I guess next week holds the key ā€¦ all this waiting and unpredictable timelines are kind of throwing me off a little bit now :weary: stay positive.

Still nothing today not sure what is going on . Next week in a short week so not sure but I guess based on other comments and feedbacks on other forums also 3 week timeline looks more promising .

I know its frustrating but 1 week here and there doesnā€™t matter once you are here in Canada - Just enjoy the transition period :slight_smile:

Hi
I am moving to Toronto next month. Looking for good rated middle school. Can you please give some suggestions on this?

My employer is in the process of applying a work permit through ICT (LMIA exempt), job location would be Toronto. For LMIA exempt category should we gain an experience of 1 year to get points for our job offer? Does being in Canada provide any points w.r.t provincial nominations?

@Nehag1985 , is there any update on your application?

No Sachnam. Nothing yet

Hey friends, itā€™s been three weeks and we have not heard anything. Has anyone heard any application being processed in ICT WP or idea about timelines. Please share.

Same here no update ā€¦ already into my 4th week since biometric :unamused:

Anyone here has experience with Fragomen, Toronto with Work Visa processing? My company has approached them and they seem to be slow compared to other firms we have worked with for our US visas/extensions etc. We have shared all the documents.

@SKM my company also uses Fragomen services here in US as well as in Canada ā€¦ they have filed my ICT WP for Canada ā€¦ yes they are slow for sure but they are a good company in terms of capturing all the documents and work inline with the processes.

1 Like

@Nehag1985 , is there any update for you guys ? I reached out to my Lawyer again yesterday and they have raised the query on the status update to the authorities not sure about the outcome but at least they had to do something :weary:

1 Like

@Sachnam , no we havenā€™t heard anything. Please let us know in case you get to know something from your lawyers so that we can try to reach to ours as well. Letā€™s keep our fingers crossed.

From the time you submitted your documents, how many days did they take for the actual filing? They have been sitting on my completed documents for more than a week now. Today when I called, they say the lawyer is on leave this week; he will be able to look at the documents and do the assessment only next week. Super lethargic guys!

They took almost 3 weeks to file my applicationā€¦ started the processes on 7th and ended up filing on July 28th ā€¦ but ironically I am still waiting for my ICT WP

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I think the delays right now is because of resources being directed to Afghan refugees and the national elections. Hopefully things will get moving after next week and you get your approval soon.