Baby born in US after soft landing

Hi Sameer,
Thats awesome! Congratulations on successfully securing the letter of approval.
We were on a vacation to India past few months and just returned.
We got our eligibility letter while in India! Hence we are yet to get our OHIP! (Yes, our process is yet to be completed even though we applied way earlier)
But the last time we went, they just wanted an eligibility letter to get the OHIP for our son.
I am unsure what actual write up is on the sponsorship letter, but maybe sometimes the officials require to read the word “Eligibility” on any supporting documents even though you are submitting your approval letter.

Good luck!
Thanks
Appy.

Howdy!
Hope you are doing well! So no luck with our child’s OHIP as well. Apparently now even the eligibility letter doesn’t suffice, they want an COPR document.

We realized its mostly a training issue with the employees at Service Ontario. They blatantly say it’s not possible and were not ready to listen to our explanation or look at our documents (From IRCC).
They have a sample letter with them as one of the accepted document and I think if anyone does not have that, they declare that temporary OHIP cannot be issued. Furthermore, also depends on the person who is at the register. Last 2 times we went, people were much more considerate.

Anyway, we have to wait for some correspondence from IRCC. Hopefully we get something soon (hoping since a year and half now :slight_smile:)

Thanks
Appy

1 Like

Hey Folks, we have just moved to BC last week, so want to get some info on how to sponsor our US born kid for a Canadian PR. What are the steps and documentation needed? Going thru this (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html). In our case, with our original applications I was the principal applicant and my wife was the dependent. Now that we moved, my wife actually has a job and income, and I have resigned my US job and will need to look for one now again. So would it make any difference if she sponsors the child’s PR? Or does it have to be me?
Also anyone who did this recently? I am looking for some pointers as this new online process seems mightily confusing.

Hi ,

Just wanted to updated that I got my kids PR now. After sponsorship approval they send me letter saying my kids are approved to become PR. Based on that I got OHIP. than I was able to login into account. There i was able to get there COPR.
with in next 2 months I got PR card as well.

Total time took for us around 1 year to get COPR . PR card took some more time to deliver.

Hope you get soon!

Sameer

1 Like

Congrats @sameer. In my case I too got the letter stating that I have been approved to sponsor my daughter. I got a medical instruction letter which we completed the next day. After this no activity for the past couple of months. I have submitted a web form and waiting to hear back.

Quick question: After you got the sponsorship eligibility letter, how long before you got the letter stating your kids were approved for PR?

Thanks for updating here and congrats once again.

Hi @arvm

Here is my time line-

1. Sponsorship approval - 10/11/22
  2. Medical - 10/13/22
  3. Letter stating they are processing the application- 11/11/22
  4. PR approval letter 1/7/23
  5. PR card - some time late feb,23

Good Luck !

1 Like

Hi Sameer,
Thanks for your message. Yep we got the COPR and our OHIP as well a while back.
However, I had a question for you, did you have to go out of the country and return back to get your PR card? How did you get a sign on our COPR?

We have a COPR for our child but we have to probably go out of the country and return
Our son meanwhile is on visitor record.

Thanks
Appy

Hi Appy,

No, I did not go out of country. COPR came as attachment in account. After some time PR card came.

Thanks
Sameer

1 Like

Thanks!