Baby born in US after soft landing

Hi Appy, Thank you for your response . This in unfortunate that it is taking this long. I hope it get resolve soon. Please keep me posted with your timelines.
One more quick question- when you filled their em1344 did you put your wife as co-signer? When I tried to put my wife’s name it did not take in one section because of different last name. So I had to drop her name to generate barcodes. Did you face any issue like that ?

Thanks
Sameer

Yes. I am the wife actually. I dropped my name from being a co-signer and we submitted the form.

Thanks!

Thank you for confirming.

Hi , Can you help me with this question - What did you choose in this one.

"

"

@here Anyone, can you please reply on above question. It is urgent.

Hello,

I have already activated my COPR on 26th July 2020 and got my PR card. However, my dependents (spouse & daughter) were in India and unable to accompany me before COPR expiry (2020/09/29) due to COVID-19 pandemic. Finally, they have returned to the US and are ready to travel to Canada.

In the meanwhile, my daughter has been issued a new passport due to the expiry of old passport. Also, we have a new addition to our family as my younger daughter was born in US in July 2021.

I have informed the same to CIC through various channels but no response yet.

Can you please advise?

Unfortunately you just need to wait for CIC to respond.

In my case, they reached out ~4-6 months after I had been writing to them (once a month) via webform after my original CoPR expired. I’m still waiting, but recently I saw that they added the baby’s info to my application when I login to my CIC account. So I expect work is being done in the backend.

Good evening everyone,

Thank you for all the information shared on this thread. Like many of you before, we landed in Toronto on the 18th of Dec. We have been running around getting the initial setup done and now I am looking to start the PR application for my son born in US. Me and my wife got the OHIP cards, but service Ontario suggests to apply for the PR first before my son becomes eligible.
Has anyone been provided any different information where the child can be provided a temporary OHIP card based on parents eligibility or applying for PR and getting a receipt for application submission is the only way forward?
Meanwhile, is Manulife visitor insurance good to cover at least primary medical needs for the kid?

Thanks and regards.

@panditji @appy22 - Read this thread and thanks for sharing your valuable insights. I am planning to bring my 2 year old to GTA in April/May 2022. The question I had was - while waiting for my little one’s PR process - can I enroll him in a daycare? Both me and my wife are working and therefore we will need a daycare to take care of him eventually.

Hi there,
Welcome! Yep, we did not have any problem enrolling our boy in daycare( His sponsorship application is still pending).
None of the daycares we applied to, requested any detail around that. They would require information about parents( i.e employment status, etc)

All the best with the move!

Thanks
Appy

Hi @appy22 - Thanks a lot. This helps.

Hi @appy22 - While reading the earlier posts on this thread I figured that Service Ontario did not issue you a temporary OHIP because of the delays in getting the physical letter from IRCC confirming sponsorship eligibility. I hope you have gotten that letter by now and OHIP has been issued. My question is - while you were waiting for the temporary OHIP to come - what arrangements did you make for your child’s medical needs? Do we need to get some sort of visitor medical insurance?

Hi,
Unfortunately we have not yet received a letter from IRCC, it’s delayed by several months now( Note: We did follow up but no update as yet). We have visitor insurance and extended health care benefit (Dental. etc) from employer.

We have submitted a case with Service Ontario and its still in process too!

I am unsure if others who applied at the same time as us, already received it already, but we have not yet got it:(

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Appy

@appy22 - I’m sending you a direct message as I have some further questions about this situation.

Good afternoon everyone.
@appy22 , it is surprising and sad to hear that you haven’t received any letter from IRCC yet. When did you file for your child’s PR? And when did you receive the AOR at least?

We moved in Dec 21 finally and I applied for my son’s PR in Feb. Looks like there is a very long wait to even receive an AOR. Even if we receive it, will we be able to apply for a OHIP card with that? What have you experienced so far on that?

I have a visitor’s insurance from Manulife for my son for 6 months. Looks like that needs to be extended for sure. I have sent a query through the webform as well but no response for a couple of weeks now and I am not surprised after going through this thread.

Did you also have to apply for Canadian visitor visa after 6 months? Should I start preparing? We have been here for 4 months now.

Thanks and Regards.

@appy22 Quick Question: My daughter was born in the USA after we applied for our PR and did our soft landing. We are planning to move to Canada next month. Reading thru the above, I gather that my daughter will be issued a tourist visa because of her being a US citizen. Question I had is: If the parents are PR and are coming into Canada with the intention of moving in permanently, will the baby be issued a Tourist visa because the border security would know that the baby is going to move in permanently as well. Will that not be a violation of the visa? Not sure if I am being paranoid but dont want to get stuck in no mans land.

Hi @appy22, @arjun-humain, @panditji, I moved to Canada in July of 2022 as a PR with my wife and daughter who was born in the US. I applied for PR for my daughter the end of July via the PR Portal. I have not received an AOR though its been around 60 days since I applied for her PR. I am not able to track the application online.

Because I have not received an AOR I have not been able to apply for her Health Card. Just checking if you have an idea of the timeline as to when I can expect to receive an AOR. Also, any experience with the new portal. There is a separate link where I am being asked to track her application but if key in her details she says the application is not in the system. Not sure if any issues or if that is expected.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks & Regards

Hello All ,

I would like to update all of you on my kids status. (Applied PR for my twin boys )
Here is the time line-

1. Send paper application to CPC Sydney,NC- Jan first week 2022
  2. Application returned back for some missing document- End of March 2022
  3. Sent Application again - April first week 2020
  4. AOR (In email)- June 25, 2022
  5. Medical request(In email)- Oct 7 ,2022
  6. Approval of eligibility as sponsor letter(In email)- Today(Oct 11,2022)

I am writing this because few days back I wanted to check if someone else has received any update. Hope it gives you some hope.

I am going to apply OHIP for them based on the Approval of eligibility as sponsor letter. I will update here once it is done.

2 Likes

Hello All,

I forget to update here after last message . Here is the update-

1. I went service Ontario for OHIP based on sponsorship approval. They told me for that I have to go to main city office in hamilton downton on king street.
  2. I booked appt (Recommended) and went there. They verified document and told me that I have to wait for one more letter which says kids are eligible for PR. As per them sponsorship approval does not help to get ohip.

@appy22 @panditji - were you guys able to get OHIP and if yes , based on which letter?
@souviksengupta @shaz @arvm - Just tagging you to see this message and my last message if that gives you any hope/help .
@arvm I tried to add my kids profile online in account and I am also getting same error "the application is not in the system. "

1 Like

Thank you for the update.

1 Like