Background Check taking more time than usual

I got the ‘docs forwarded’ email 6 days after I uploaded my doc.

@waiting1234: Still no luck with your application?

Nope. Uploaded exp letter recently and fingers crossed now.

So pretty much you got ppr email 4 days after the docs forwarded email correct?

Hi @bhaumikm @mrandmrs
This morning I received a message that says

"This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

RPRF: Please pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee for you online and provide us
the copy of the receipt.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/07/24 (Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.
Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and send to the High
Commission at the e-mail address or mailing address indicated below. Unless specifically
requested, original documents are not required. You may submit scanned copies by e-mail."

Request you to help me that where do I pay the RPRF?
Also, it is asking me to pay the fee even when the background check is yet to be started (as being showcased in the EE profile). Is this normal?

Also, just want to confirm the address wherein I need to send the hard- & soft-copy of the documents:
"Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India
Email: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca"

Finally got our PPR after 13.5 months of AoR!

Apr 9, 2018: AoR

Aug 12, 2018: Requested GCMS notes.

Sep 13, 2018: Received GCMS notes. Did not mention any issues. Criminality had passed and eligibility was yet to start.

Mar 5, 2019: Requested CBSA notes.

Mar 27, 2019: Raised CSE and the response to it stated that our application was now with NDVO. Contacted NDVO the same day but haven’t received any response till date.

Apr 9, 2019: Completed 1 year since AoR. Yay for us!! :roll_eyes:

Apr 18, 2019: Received CBSA notes. No mention of NDVO which makes me think that the CBSA notes request may have triggered the application to finally move to NDVO.
There were comments on my case that they couldn’t locate one of my employer’s location on the map. I worked there for 5 years and can find it easily on Google Maps so I don’t know what software CIC uses for finding addresses hence I don’t know what to do about it.
Another note was that in our PoF statement that the bank provided, one of the figures looked larger in size than the others, e.g. in $11000, they see the first 1 to be larger in size than the second 1. Not sure what I could do about it. I was considering resending the latest statements.
We have not been asked for additional documents to prove/clarify any of these.

Apr 26, 2019: Received messages in my account and emails to get our medicals redone within 30 days.

May 9, 2019: Uploaded medical test receipts.

May 20, 2019: Got email for RPRF. Paid the fees and replied to the email.

May 27, 2019: PPR email asking to send passports :smile:

P.S: We raised multiple CSEs after we completed our 6 months post-AoR and got the standard response every time that the application was getting processed. Only the last CSE mentioned that the application had actually moved so that’s the only one I have mentioned above.

10 Likes

@mitulkathuria
In the RPRF email which we received, the link was provided for payment. This was in the mail:

Kindly follow the links below for information on payment of fees:

FEE PAYMENT: Please pay the fees online and send the receipt by email.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

So once we paid the fees using the link, we replied to the same email with the receipt attached. In response we got an automated email that our mail was received. And 7 days later we got the PPR email.

Yes, that is normal.

Congratulations! :slight_smile:
Happy to hear the news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the help and support… Means a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

May congratulations!!!

So happy to hear the news of your Ppr…

Wish you all the success in the world and once again my heartiest congratulations.

1 Like

I had paid my fees at the time of submitting the documents itself. But your query has been answered. This is progress and so congratulations!

This is great. Congratulations @mrandmrs :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mrandmrs
While paying the RPRF, it is landing onto the payment page directly, without even asking for credentials (UCI/ Application number). Just wanted to check if it asks post making the payment?

Thanks buddy @bhaumikm

Hi,
My application was in Local Immigration office in British columbia in the last week around may 22nd.
And now when I made a case specific enquiry again (may 28th), they said that now my application is in Ottawa (CPC - O).
What does it mean that my file is transferred from British columbia (Local immigration office) to Case Processing Center Ottawa??

Note: My background check has not yet been started(More than 6months from my AOR - Dec 4h 2018).

Congratulations!! @mrandmrs

1 Like

Congratulations. The wait was worth at last. I wish you both the very best in all your future endeavors.

1 Like

Congrats !! So happy for you guys.

1 Like

Congratulation :blush:

All the best !!!

1 Like

Hey Mitulkathuria,

Your application seems to be in-progress. Hope you get the PPR email soon.

My application status says “Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.” as it has crossed the six month time period.

Dennis