Background Check taking more time than usual

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
I used this form to send my questionnaire. If you can load that page (currently under maintenance), the form is self explanatory on what details you need to put in.

No man!
Even when I checked it, a lot of people who applied post Nov 17, 2018 have recieved the PPR. A number of people who applied in early November haven’t recieved and one person got it on the last day.

So I’m not sure what is happening.
I just wish that everyone, including myself, recieves the PPR on priority.

The wait is tormentous.

Hey guys, I am 30 Oct AOR Applicant.

I called CIC for the second time, almost after 1 month and there is no change in my profile as informed by the agent yesterday. I am at MEP stage since Nov 2018 and since then there is no activity on my profile. It is more than 6.5 months now. I am losing hope! Ppl from Nov 2018 and for that matter even Jan 2019 are getting PPR. I don’t understand what is specifically wrong with Oct group. I have applied for GCMS notes but no updates so far! :frowning:

I am also 28 Sep AOR Applicant.

I called CIC twice in 2 months and both the times, there was no change in my profile as informed by the agent. I am at IP2 stage from last 3.5 months and since then there is no activity on my profile. It’s been close to 8 months now. Even i fail to understand as to what is happening with the cases from sep and oct…just hope everyone gets a ppr mail soon.

6 months completed.
No revert :frowning:

Has the estimated timeline bar been updated on your account?

After crossing the 6 months due date, the timeline changes to say “Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.”

No… It says
“Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.”

Hi @bhaumikm

Could you help me on which category to choose for GCMS. Which did you go for?

If you are looking for GCMS notes, select e-GCMS.

Hi there hope you’re doing good

Just wanted to ask if there’s any update on your profile as it’s been about 11 days since you re-submitted the Medicals.

Yes. We got our RPRF mail yesterday and paid the fees. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thats great, I’m so happy that things have progressed for you and I’m certain that ppr mail is on the way and will soon be there…

Thanks! :crossed_fingers:

Captured a ghost.
AOR: 25 Dec, 2018

1 Like

FSW outland
5 March AOR
18 April BIL
19 April Ghost update
No MEP update till now :(((

@mitulkathuria e-GCMS. Will take approximately 30-40 days to receive.

Hi all,

I have posted the same query in another thread, but was wondering if anyone here would be aware about it.

I will be moving to Canada in 1st week of August. I am an Indian resident and my visa has been issued in India. I plan to visit USA in mid July to see my sister and go to Canada from there. As far as I know and have read online, there is no mandate that you have to enter Canada with a PR from your country of residence only. But I just want to cover my bases and so would like just to know that I can come to USA on a B1/B2 visa in mid July and then go to Canada in early August and complete my immigration formalities.

Would be great if someone would help me out with this. Thanks in advance!

Congrats on PPR. I’m of the opinion that this might not be the right place to ask this, its analogous to a college student asking an elementary school student to help out with an assignment, but I do hope you get your question answered.

Hi @bhaumikm @mrandmrs

I had inquired for my application on the web-form to both the offices - central office and new delhi office. While I’ve received a revert from the former, the latter is yet to respond. It’d be helpful if you could let me know how is New Delhi Visa Office, in terms of processing the application.

This is what I heard from IRCC: