Background Check taking more time than usual

Thanks

I had used the webform for NDVO too but they never responded to it. It has been almost 2 months since I sent it so I wouldn’t hold my breath to wait for them to reply.

We were told some time in late March that the application had already moved to NDVO and at the end of April we got re-medical request and once the medicals cleared, we got the RPRF mail. Hopefully PPR is around the corner. So I am guessing, they take at least 2-3 months to process the application and this is assuming that our application moved to NDVO in March. But of course, the timelines change from application to application so some might get processed sooner and some later.

The good news for you is that the application is in the local office so you are in the final stages of the process too. Hopefully it won’t be a long wait for you. All the best!

Hi. How do one know where the application has reached, as in which Visa Office is the application currently being processed at?

Either you can order GCMS notes and check where the application is or contact CIC through the webform or call them and ask them.

I had ordered the GCMS notes and on the first page next to Primary Office it says CPC-Ottawa and next to Secondary Office it says Centralized Intake Office. What does it mean in terms of how far the applciation has reached and what more is yet to come?

Thanks in advance for the co-operation.

I would say that it is in the primary office (Ottawa). You can see detailed explanation of GCMS notes here:

I hope so. Thank you for the re-assurance. :slight_smile:

Apologies for pesking with a number of queries, but any contact number/ direct number wherein we can touch base with NDVO? From what I’ve read across other online platforms, NDVO is vociferously lethargic in responding and processing the applications.

Sorry, I don’t have any contact number for them. :frowning:

Thanks for the info and link. Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you
I hope that all of us soon get what we are looking for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My timeline
AOR- 15 June 2018
Medicals cleared
And now they have expired too on 05 May 2019
After this there’s not a single update on my application status
Waited patiently but now Im staring to loose it.
They haven’t even started my background check, that’s what my application shows.
Recieved GCMS notes in January 2019 and
They showed that there’s no discrepancy.
Anyone here with same situation?

@mitulkathuria : I am not aware of how apt the Delhi office is with processing files. But I am hoping it happens soon for you! Best wishes.

@Waitinggame : Not that I had to wait for this long, but my AOR was in Aug 2018 and as per my GCMS notes, there was no update on my file post September 2018. I ordered the GCMS notes in April, got them on May 2nd, 2019 and I got my RFP email on 9th May. I would suggest try and order the GCMS notes again. Hopefully that will prompt them to look at your application again.

There seems to be no method to which application are processed. Its a luck thing in my opinion. Best wishes!

I know you said you got PPR email 10 days after you submitted the docs but would like to know specifically after how many days of getting confirmation email that your docs have been forwarded to agent for review you got the ppr email? Would appreciate if you can share those timelines please.

I got the ‘docs forwarded’ email 6 days after I uploaded my doc.

@waiting1234: Still no luck with your application?

Nope. Uploaded exp letter recently and fingers crossed now.

So pretty much you got ppr email 4 days after the docs forwarded email correct?

Hi @bhaumikm @mrandmrs
This morning I received a message that says

"This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

RPRF: Please pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee for you online and provide us
the copy of the receipt.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/07/24 (Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.
Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and send to the High
Commission at the e-mail address or mailing address indicated below. Unless specifically
requested, original documents are not required. You may submit scanned copies by e-mail."

Request you to help me that where do I pay the RPRF?
Also, it is asking me to pay the fee even when the background check is yet to be started (as being showcased in the EE profile). Is this normal?

Also, just want to confirm the address wherein I need to send the hard- & soft-copy of the documents:
"Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India
Email: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca"

Finally got our PPR after 13.5 months of AoR!

Apr 9, 2018: AoR

Aug 12, 2018: Requested GCMS notes.

Sep 13, 2018: Received GCMS notes. Did not mention any issues. Criminality had passed and eligibility was yet to start.

Mar 5, 2019: Requested CBSA notes.

Mar 27, 2019: Raised CSE and the response to it stated that our application was now with NDVO. Contacted NDVO the same day but haven’t received any response till date.

Apr 9, 2019: Completed 1 year since AoR. Yay for us!! :roll_eyes:

Apr 18, 2019: Received CBSA notes. No mention of NDVO which makes me think that the CBSA notes request may have triggered the application to finally move to NDVO.
There were comments on my case that they couldn’t locate one of my employer’s location on the map. I worked there for 5 years and can find it easily on Google Maps so I don’t know what software CIC uses for finding addresses hence I don’t know what to do about it.
Another note was that in our PoF statement that the bank provided, one of the figures looked larger in size than the others, e.g. in $11000, they see the first 1 to be larger in size than the second 1. Not sure what I could do about it. I was considering resending the latest statements.
We have not been asked for additional documents to prove/clarify any of these.

Apr 26, 2019: Received messages in my account and emails to get our medicals redone within 30 days.

May 9, 2019: Uploaded medical test receipts.

May 20, 2019: Got email for RPRF. Paid the fees and replied to the email.

May 27, 2019: PPR email asking to send passports :smile:

P.S: We raised multiple CSEs after we completed our 6 months post-AoR and got the standard response every time that the application was getting processed. Only the last CSE mentioned that the application had actually moved so that’s the only one I have mentioned above.

10 Likes