Background Check taking more time than usual

Hello, I was able to reach out to IRCC via phone call this morning. Asked them about the ghost update I saw on October 11th, but the agent says she didn’t notice any activity around that time frame and that my application is open and in progress.

Currently I’m in IP2 stage. Is this normal? anyone with similar experience?

Hey Sanjana. Could share the nu that you got intouch with the Agents.

Dialed 888-242-2100 from TextNow app. Note that lines are super busy, after 3-4 days of trying I was finally able to get in touch with an agent.

1 Like

Hey Sanjana… Thank you for the nu. When you say you are in IP2 stage how are you identifying your stages bec I dont see any stages on my profile yet and it only sayd 6 more days to go and still no updates.

Hello Roshan! I do not think this terminology (IP2 etc.) is IRCC approved. But, I’ve come across a lot of people referring to these terms on different platforms. Please see below article-

Hey all, I finally received my PPR this Monday (AOR - Jan 19). It’s been a long wait which, I realize now, was unnecessary. I had one work-exp document incomplete and that had led to my case being pushed out to their ‘needs additional review’ basket. If this hadn’t happened, I would have hit PPR in March. I got to know all this via GCMS notes which I ordered very late (in August).
The moral of the story is: If you are already past 3-4 months of your AOR, do get your GCMS notes and don’t wait.
My good wishes to all.

1 Like

Congratulations on your PPR. Can you post the link to the website where you ordered GCMS from? Thanks in advance.

https://www.getgcms.com

Hey Absk congrats for the PR… Had a question if the ADR changed to not applicable if in your case what happened next. Please let me know. As i did see NA in my status.

Hi Roshan, I don’t see any update on my profile. Thanks.

Hi Abshk, can you elaborate on what was ‘incomplete’ in your work experience document? In GCMS notes how was that specified that your document was incomplete. I recently got my GCMS notes and want to compare and see if I’m missing anything.

Congratulations by the way!!

I referred to the last few pages in my GCMS notes which seemed like a summary of the whole thing. It mentioned that no point was granted for one particular work exp. Rest was my inference.

Hi, does anyone know how to reach cic on phone?
I tried calling 888 number via textnow app, but it always goes on hold and then gets disconnected.
I also tried 613 number via textnow app, but after selecting options 1-2, it asks to go with web form and call gets disconnected again.
Is there any other option? or I am choosing wrong app?

were you also put on hold after 5-6 rings and call getting disconnected?

try appending *67 before the number

tried with *67 also, same thing

Hey Thanks …Not a problem. I just recived my PPR this morning. I wonder who will paying me back the money for my GCMS notes which I ordered few days back. :joy:

1 Like

hello
what is your status now?
have you got the PR yet or what?
Mine is also the same case - BGC is not even started yet after 7 months of AOR
Very puzzled what to do??

The only communication was through emails. Yes, after a long wait I finally got it. It was after 6 months, I remember I got any update.
I kept emailing them once every ten days after the concerned period of normal bgc status check. Also I did submit some additional documents even before they could ask for it.

Did you received your PPR