Background Check taking more time than usual

Use textnow to get a canadian number and perhaps use that to make a call to IRCC’s 888 number. However, be mindful that too many calls may lead to them identifying and blocking this hack as well. So, please use your judgement and think about others too. Good luck!

Generally takes three working days. I used the form thrice for various reasons.

1 Like

Can you say how long it took for PPR from AOR please?

My AOR was Oct 22nd, 2018. The lapse of time was largely due to my own fault. There was an issue with my Proof of Funds. I guess they saw it and abandoned my file. I didn’t bother until in early September when I discovered the error after I ordered for the GCMS notes.

I uploaded another Proof of Funds through the webform in September. It took about five days before they acknowledged receipt through an email. However, within the five days, I guess they were already about to reject my application. They sent a letter through my express-entry account called “Procedural Fairness Letter”.

In the letter, they advised that I provide another Proof of Funds within 30 days or risk being rejected. When I saw the letter, I guessed that they were yet to see the Documents I sent 3 days prior. I was right. A day after they acknowledged my webform, my medical exam was automatically extended to Sept. 19, 2019. It had expired on July 17, 2019. Exactly two weeks after they extended the medical exam, I got the PPR email.

PLEASE DON’T ACT LIKE ME. ONCE YOU EXCEED THE 6 MONTHS THRESHOLD, ORDER FOR THE GCMS NOTES. I WISH I DID EARLIER.

4 Likes

Friends,

I finally got my PPR on Oct 4, 2019 after almost 10 months since my AOR on Dec 7, 2018. Just sent passports to intake office, Ottawa. Wish you all very best…just have enough patience…it will happen :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey, did you received your passport back?

Yes in 2 weeks.

ok, thanks

Two days ago, I noticed an update on my account but nothing was changed in the profile. Yesterday, I called IRCC and they confirmed that my eligibility, background, security, medicals, criminality are passed and met. And the agent told the application needs a final decision from the officer.

Can someone advise when I can receive the official PPR email? Has anyone gone through this stage?
Appreciate your response.

Canada Inland Applicant - FSW
AOR: JAN 2019
Medicals passed: Feb 2019
Criminality passed: March 2019
Eligibility and Background passed: October 9th 2019

Did you have any update on your case after October 9th?
I’ve noticed similar update on my account on October 11th 2019, but no visible changes.

After the 9th, I didn’t come across any changes.

Updates with no visible changes mean the file is complete and waiting for a final review.

1 Like

Thank you. Please keep us posted once you get your PPR. Good luck

Hello, I was able to reach out to IRCC via phone call this morning. Asked them about the ghost update I saw on October 11th, but the agent says she didn’t notice any activity around that time frame and that my application is open and in progress.

Currently I’m in IP2 stage. Is this normal? anyone with similar experience?

Hey Sanjana. Could share the nu that you got intouch with the Agents.

Dialed 888-242-2100 from TextNow app. Note that lines are super busy, after 3-4 days of trying I was finally able to get in touch with an agent.

1 Like

Hey Sanjana… Thank you for the nu. When you say you are in IP2 stage how are you identifying your stages bec I dont see any stages on my profile yet and it only sayd 6 more days to go and still no updates.

Hello Roshan! I do not think this terminology (IP2 etc.) is IRCC approved. But, I’ve come across a lot of people referring to these terms on different platforms. Please see below article-

Hey all, I finally received my PPR this Monday (AOR - Jan 19). It’s been a long wait which, I realize now, was unnecessary. I had one work-exp document incomplete and that had led to my case being pushed out to their ‘needs additional review’ basket. If this hadn’t happened, I would have hit PPR in March. I got to know all this via GCMS notes which I ordered very late (in August).
The moral of the story is: If you are already past 3-4 months of your AOR, do get your GCMS notes and don’t wait.
My good wishes to all.

1 Like

Congratulations on your PPR. Can you post the link to the website where you ordered GCMS from? Thanks in advance.

https://www.getgcms.com