Background Check taking more time than usual

Hi,

My AoR is 30th June and submitted the Biometrics on 1st August.
At this time my application was in ip2 with Background check message as " we are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information".

On 8th August I got RPRF request and paid the same on 9th. I have also uploaded the document but then the status changed to additional documents not applicable. The background check is also showing that “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check”.
My CRS is 478.

I do not understand on which stage my application is at the present. Can somebody help.
I have already applied by GCMS notes on 5th September.

I just noticed that my medical exam has been extended to September 19th, 2019. It expired on July 17th, 2019. Status changed from “you do not need a medical test” to " you passed the medical exam September 19 2019.

1 Like

Friends
Glad to share that finally got the golden email, after what seemed like an eternity. Thanks for all the support and motivation that I’ve got from here. :slight_smile:

I’ll be more than glad to share any information that might help others on the forum too and hope that everyone who’s waiting for the Golden mail will get it soon :blush:

5 Likes

More info in case it is helpful to the community.

• Took 10 days from when my passport was delivered to CPC to have my application status changed to ‘Approved’ and for the COPR to be issued (still waiting for them to send the passport back)
  • Entire process took exactly 11 months from AOR to ‘Approved’
1 Like

Hi Rahul,
Sorry I was away for the last few days I was busy with moving to a new place and changed my job.
I did not get any request for re medical as yet. I am still waiting and it’s going to be 14 months on 28th of September. This is so frustrating with no news from them. While updating my new job letter I sent them an email requesting to expedite my process as it is taking really long.

Btw congratulation on the good news. I just happened to see your post. Just wanted to know when did you apply again and did you get re-medicals.

Thank you

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks a lot for all you wishes.

I got my re-medical request on sep 6 but before that i raised a webform on August 15 asking for my file status and at the same time asked for my remedial request to which they answered as per their protocol then i called them in Aug end asking for the same info and after a few days i got my remed request on sep 6 which i did on sep 9 and got my ppr mail on sep 19.

I would suggest you to give them a call and voluntarily inform them that your medicals have expired and hopefully they’ll send the request ASAP.

Wish you all the luck and looking forward to hear the good news very soon from you.

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the information. I just wanted to know, what number did you contact them for your remedical request was it the 1800*** canada number?

Thank you

Hi,

The number i called was +1-6139444000.

Number can be reached upon only by some voip app like skype.

Regards,

Hello Rahul,

I am glad you got your application done. How long did it take for you?

Thanks!

Hi ,

It took me almost a year from application to ppr and another 5 days after that to get the passport back with final visa.

Thanks.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I have been following you for long wondering when you’ll get it:thinking:

so that i can have hope :slightly_smiling_face:

My timelines:

AOR - Dec 07 2019
Med passed - Jan 16 2019
waiting since then…

1 Like

I have been waiting for the PPR for about 8 months now. After getting GCMS notes, realized that I need to update one of my employment record documents. But I don’t see any update option on the submitted application.
There is an IRCC webform but that only lets you request an update to one’s basic info like address/email etc. There is no option to attach any document to send across.

Does anyone know how to resubmit/update one of the employment documents within the application? Thanks!

I thought the webform did have the option to upload documents. In case that has changed or I am mistaken, you can reach out to them using the webform and tell them that you need to add an additional document to your application. They can then direct you on how to go about it.

2 Likes

Thanks, I checked again and it does, but not very obviously. It’s on the second page of the form.
Also, did you ever have to use the form? How long do they take to respond or acknowledge. Thanks!

I just called *67 613 944 4000 for the first time to check on my application status and the message said that they no longer provide IRCC information or transfer calls. Is there a different number now or is the webform the only option?

I just received the PPR email(Gold email) 40 minutes ago. It’s been a long journey. I wish everyone good-luck.

5 Likes

Please how did you handle the self addressed prepaid envelope. UPS and the Post-office just told me they don’t do that for international mails including Canada. How did you send your passport?

I used FedEx by creating an account online and generating both onward and return labels. FedEx generates tracking numbers as well for both labels. Then just print the labels out along with 2 commercial invoices - on for onward and one for return - and take all these along with your documents to a FedEx location. FedEx also has sample commercial invoices available online.

2 Likes

Thanks. I was able to do it at the local fedEx branch here.

1 Like

Has anyone here used the webform to submit any update (a document) to their application. How long before they acknowledge that or the update shows on the online application.