Background Check taking more time than usual

HI. My AOR was 23rd April 2019. I received an email requesting my passport for the stamping on 23rd August 2019. I have already sent the passport as per the instructions in the email. However, when I opened my cic account, it still says “Background check in progress…”. The email surely looked genuine, however am a little concerned about the non updation of status in my account. Should I be worried about this?

There is no need to worry about. This is been the case with many others.

I received PPR email on 01AUG 2019 and send my passports on 08AUG2019, still no update. I have raised a query with IRCC

Send renewed passport information by raising a CSE.

It gets updated when the passport is stamped and sent back with the CoPR. There’s no need to worry.

I got GCMS notes today. There seems to be a problem with my proof of funds. It stated that it’s needs review. I’m going to send an updated bank statement. Hopefully this speeds things up.

Hi Jonathan,

Did you receive the request for re-medicals.

Request you to kindly share the timeline please.

Thanks.

As someone else mentioned you shouldn’t worry. Our status showed the same “Background check in progress” until we got our passports back after stamping. It took around 2 weeks to get our passports back.

1 Like

Have patience. Background check is normally the one that takes longer. I got my PPR after around 8 months :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

I have applied my application from United States but I had to travel to India on emergency purpose. I had to give my medicals and bio-metrics in India. Now my status bar shows Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. Now I am back in the US. I am worried about my PR.

Nothing to worry, it’s normal.
Order GCMS notes to get detailed info about your application.

Just received my COPR - below is my timeline etc and some info that might be helpful to others.

FSW-O, based in the US
AOR: Oct 23rd 2018
Medical Passed: Nov 23rd 2018
Request for RPRF Fee Payment: Jul 22nd 2019
Background Check In Progress: Around Jul 24th 2019
PPR: Sep 7th 2019

In the middle lot’s off the wall things happened with my status.

Around June 23rd my medicals were 1 day from expiring. The status changed from you have passed the Medical exam to ‘You don’t need a medical exam’. Then on Jul 25th it changed to ‘You have passed the medical exam’ again with a date of Jul 25th as the passing date. So looks like they extended the meds.

Now it is still showing ‘We are reviewing whether you meet the requirements’ and ‘Background check in progress’ - from what I have read online, final status does not change to approved until visa is issued.

Just stating this so that others don’t get too worried if their status’ look weird or don’t move/change in a logical fashion.

Also, I did call IRCC around Aug 5th and they told me my application is actually approved and to just wait for offical e-mail because the processing office could be busy with backlogs. So this is another factor in play at this moment - many could have applications approved but PPR will arrive only later.

Best of luck to all.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Hello All, I am new to movnorth.

My story so far:

AOR: Jan 19, 2019
Medicals: Feb 27, 2019
Bio: Feb 28, 2019
Background: in process
Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia

Haven’t heard anything since. No change in status since Feb 28. Called them twice but all they could say was that application was in progress.
I haven’t had a chance to go through the forum, but are there people with similar timelines around? A friend, with an exact same profile as me, got the PPR in about 70 days.
My GCMS notes (ordered 40 days back) aren’t released as well. Any ideas on what else could be done?
Thanks for the anticipated responses.

I am in the same boat what was ur decision

Do not stress yourself by comparing with others. Everyone has different backgrounds and scenarios. My friend applied last year from India and got approval in 4 months whereas it took me around 8 months to get my PPR. Please have patience. It will work-out in the end.

2 Likes

Hello,

Here is my application status and it has not moved since Feb’2019. I am really anxious and not sure how to proceed. Can you please advice:

When I sent an email they confirmed that they have all the documents needed. So, I am suspecting the background check process is taking time. Has anyone been thru the same situation. Please let me know

Review of eligibility**

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results

• March X 2019 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents*

• We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Interview

• You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

*Biometrics

• We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.

*Background check

• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision

• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Check your biometrics update section.
The message there suggests that you have been asked to go for biometrics but you haven’t done so (check if they sent you a letter in the mails section of your profile).
Good luck!

My AOR is Jan 15, 2019 (Inland). I am in a similar situation too. All we need to do is to wait. I’d say, these days; IRCC is taking at least a year to process applications.

2 Likes

Not stressing out but really don’t wanna pay another $500 for medical again. :stuck_out_tongue:
I actually got my GCMS notes today. It mentions there’s a ‘Review Required’ against one of my jobs, specially due to lack of job description.
Has anybody been in this situation? That company has been acquired, and I think there’s no HR point of contact now. The (third-part ADP generated) experience-letter I submitted had all info - employment period, job title, salary; only the job description was missing.
Has anybody been in this situation before? If I can’t get that document, what else could be tried at this point?
Thanks for the help.