Background Check taking more time than usual

Reposting to highlight COPR.
It is fast if you get on it immediately.

CRS: 1038 (OINP)
Marital Status: Single
Dependents: 0
AOR: Sept 12th
Medicals Passed: Oct 12th
PPR: Jan 15th
COPR: Jan 25th

For COPR, I went straight to New Delhi VFSGlobal and paid for the premium package thing.
They took care of everything else.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your advise. This is so inspiring. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. This is very helpful. :pray::pray:

Guys,

I have been asked for this request from the IRCC, not sure why they need this as I’m a master’s graduate & not a Phd candidate. Did anyone have any similar requests?

Hi every one.
Aor Date 25th Jan
Medical not yet passed.
Bacground check showing we are processing your check. Will notify if we need furthur info.
I believe this is ip 2 stage right according to what I read. Is this true? Anyone having similar cases?

Excuse-me but what is going on with CIC? all of these none sense activity must be explained.

@Neel & @Prag Please send them your questions using the Web Inquiry form, and don’t forget to share the answers.

If you have a background check message before medicals are passed, I believe that is IP1

These ip1 and ip2 don’t make any sense anymore bcz cic will process the applications in any order based on where is urs located currently. So both the process and timelines are both unpredictable. The current trend for medicals passing is 1 month. So till then u will just have to wait patiently.

Hello there. I just would like to ask for your opinions. 2days ago, i made a CSE on IRCC, they replied promptly with an automated message saying that responses will he in 10 business days. However, yesterday at noontime, i had an email response from IRCC with this:

Good day Karlo Gonzaga,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to inform you that your permanent residence application has been approved.

A correspondence will be sent to advise you and your family members of this decision. You may be asked to send documents to finalize your application.

A Confirmation of Permanent Residence and a permanent resident visa, if you are from a country that requires a visa, will be sent to you and your family members. Please follow the instructions that will be sent with your documents.

We invite you to visit our website for more information on how to prepare for your admission as a permanent resident of Canada.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Julia, Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
[https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration]

But until now, i have not received a PPR email from IRCC. Is this true or what? Please advise. Thank you to those who can shed light on this.

Karlo

2 Likes

Woww congratulations ur appln got approved but however the PPR has not been triggered. This is happening these days… The file gets approved but the PPR comes after a few days. Just wait for a week or 10 days and send a CSE again.

Basically the PPR is sent in batches. So probably u r queued up to be sent at once along with others’ pprs.

1 Like

My application is well within the 6 month time-frame still, but I am wondering whether the time taken to process an application and/or do a background check is related to how much travel history one has. I have taken quite a few small trips just on vacation to different countries over the last 10 years and was wondering whether CIC looks into that kind of thing in detail, thus potentially prolonging the background check time. Anyone have any insights into whether this is correct or if it doesn’t really affect the processing time?

No it’s been same as back ground check in progress for couple of months

Yes it can take longer though not sure . my work requires me to travel all over the world and i have travelled to x no of countries over the last few yrs . for travel history i had to upload a long excel format file to cic.

Waiting for ppr for 9 plus months . for 8 .5 months bc in progress and no other message from cic

1 Like

Hi karlo

Can u please give guidelines on hpw u maxe cse amd what u wtote to cic . i m waiting for 9 plus months for my ppr

Thank you so much for the response. Yes i will wait and do what you suggest. Many thanks. I really do hope PPR is coming.@canadadreams

Please google IRCC web form inquiry or case specific enquiry. Then follow and choose the next set of questions. You will have to provide your UCI and application number as well because this is the only way they can determine your application. Best of luck.@sara123

Thanks a lot

Yes, If you travel outside your home country, It can take longer for CIC to process your background check, each country you visit is a new step in the security check for you and If you stayed in another country for too long (6 months or so) then the canadian security agency whould like to validate your police history/certificate for the foreign country.

1 Like

Hi Guys

e-AOR Sep 22th 2018
Medical passed Oct 21th 2018
Anxiously waiting as there is no change from IP1 (Background check) since Oct 21st!!!

My status currently shows this:
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is this normal that it is taking a lot of time for IP1?

Please advice as I am little confused on this.

Hundreds of people with prior AOR’s (June-July-August) in the same boat. No need to panic. Have patience.

1 Like

Hi there. Yes, i do believe there will be more time spent/consumed in your application especially if you did a lot of travels. I have read it somewhere in another forum (canada visa forum). CSIS and visa officers delve into applicant’s travel history.

1 Like