CIC Application Progress Bar

Did anyone see the new Application Progress Bar on their respective applications ? I could not locate it on mine.

AB

Just received an email but I don’t see any progress bar neither can I reach the site

@Arthi:

It seems CIC’s website just got crashed.

No i cant see any progress. After a while I got logged out and now I am unable to login, it redirects to English French language selection page instead of login page even if i try to click login. Deployment hiccups I guess

I was able to log-in just now but no sign of progress bar yet.

1 Like

i did not see the progress as well.

I got the email about it, and I can see the progress bar. It says estimated time remaining 10 weeks, I got my AOR on 20th August and Medical passed on 9th Sept…and now it says I have to wait another 10 weeks…bummer

where are you seeing the progress bar? Right away after login or you need to click somewhere. I haven’t been able to see it

Also from what you are saying it sounds like its showing 6 months in the progress (AOR 20th Aug so till Feb 6 months) bar so basically it doesn’t really give how far your application has reached.

1 Like

under Application status and messages

no extra info, only adding 6 months to ur aor date and giving u the final date as the estimated date

thanks @sher.sfo. As of now the bar is not showing in my profile. But atleast now I know where to look.

It shows 11 weeks for me. I guess it’s just showing 6 months duration and not the actual time elapse. Either ways, waiting game begins

This is what I see. Totally worthless when the estimated date is in the past! #facepalm

Did your application go into security check? You GCMS notes would reflect that.

That’s outrageous, looks like the progress bar indicates nothing

This is interesting, I read on one of the forums that the message above progress bar is important, for me it’s -
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.
And I read people with August AOR have the same message above their progress bar, however people with September AOR have below message -
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

I am a September AOR and I have the same following message as August AOR folks.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Then your application has probably progressed same as August AORs, it’s hard to make anything of this as there are no details about where the application stands exactly in the process

The progress bar just reflects the time left based on the number shown in processing times page - nothing particular to an application which is pretty bad. It shows 15 weeks for me which is just the time remaining for my application to hit 6 months mark. :frowning: