Clarity needed for where to send passports to

I sent an email on June 30 asking for clarification, got this email on July 10. I am not sure whether this is the response for my query, or an email that is part of the usual process.

@shrthk
So today we resent our email query again to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and marked as urgent. We got the following reply in response to our email

From CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Dear Shashi,
Thank you for your e-mail.
If you are residing in the United States, please send your documents to our office in Ottawa.
Regards,

Also yesterday I had called the NY visa center and spoke to an agent who generically told me to send to NY office without asking for my case information. When I asked him to look into the case, he said they were not authorized to do so. Maybe it is ok to send to Ottawa or NY office. I guess we should just do based on the replies we got.

Your original post mentioned New Delhi, what happened with that? When and why did NY visa center come into picture?

It could be that they’re distributing the caseload between Ottawa and Visa application centers as both may be authorized to issue PR visas and whoever you call says it’s OK to send it to them.

I don’t think it would be a problem sending it to CPC Ottawa. Make sure you include a return envelope just to be safe along with everything else they’ve asked for. If there’s any issue they’ll just send it back. How much time do you have left to send it?

Hi Anshul,
Yes originally we got 2 emails one with instructions to send to New Delhi , other to send to Ottawa. @shrthk who also received the PPR on the same day as us also got similar 2 emails. Both of us emailed back asking for clarification. It appears @shrthk got back a response asking to send to NYC and we had not gotten a response till then. So we emailed again and for us the response was to send to Ottawa. So I was implying that we each send according to the replies we received. In my case, we will be sending to Ottawa. We have another 10 days left for it to be delivered. Thanks for your response.

Ok then you should do it asap.

Hi @shashi,

From which email id did you get a reply for your query ?
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
or
IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

@shrthk
we got it from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

@shashi I didn’t get any reply from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. The 3 emails with 3 different address to send, were from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

@shrthk
I think it depends on where you sent you enquiry to
The original 2 emails were from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
But we sent our clarification enquiry to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and hence we got the reply in response to our question from the same.

@avj
You mentioned a return envelope. So it appears they UPS has issues in generating the return envelope. Can you let us know how exactly you sent the passports? Any specific UPS or FEDEX near boston? Any ideas?

@shashi Even I sent the clarification enquiry to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. But I didn’t get any reply from that email ID yet. I have sent another email 2 days ago, mentioning “urgent - 15 days left for submitting passport” in the subject line. After you send the passport to Ottawa, Can you please post here the procedure for sending it using FEDEX or UPS ? What to ask for in store.

Don’t ask for a return envelope at FedEx or UPS. If you read the instructions, it states, self addressed shipping label. So what you need to do is ask FedEx or UPS to create a label with your address as To and CPC address as from. Include this label and an envelope in you package when you send it to them.

Return shipping / Envelopes are only for domestic shipments. That’s what I was told at FedEx and UPS. So the above is what I did.

3 Likes

Whatever vignesh said.

@vignesh.pr @avj Thank you !

Thanks @vignesh.pr @avj
We were able to generate the label online by creating our own account with UPS.

So your profile was approved in less than 2 months?

Hi @shashi @vignesh.pr @avj I got a reply from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, as shown below.

Please note a New York Ready for Visa letter with instructions was sent via email on 2018/07/10 and a CPC- O RFV letter was sent on 2018/06/28. Please be advised it will be your choice to submit your documents to either visa office. We do recommend that if you submit to the New York visa office , you contact the office regarding processing times before passport submission.

I think I will send it to CPC-Ottawa, same as you guys.

You can do that. Ottawa office took 1 week for me. Passport was delivered to their office on July 4th, and return delivery on 10.

However, do take into consideration their recommendations. Maybe check the New York office processing times? I’m just curious why they are recommending New York to you.

They recommended to check the processing time with NY office, if I plan to send there. I think they are not recommending NY office.

Okay, then go ahead with Ottawa. All the best!