Clarity needed for where to send passports to

Hi @vignesh.pr @avj

What address in Ottawa did you send your passports to. So we mailed it to
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

But the UPS delivery says this address is incorrect and that they obtained the correct address as
2303 STEVENAGE OTTAWA, ON K1G5B3
Has anyone experienced this?

This is CIC’s email from last year:

"STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

•      The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post.  Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

•      Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

•      The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.

•      Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
"
I have not experienced anything similar. As far as I remember it was delivered to the correct address. However, I used FedEx at the time. Maybe they sent it to local UPS office? The PO box could be the issue since that’s the one thing that’s different between mine and your address apart from zip code. Call UPS and confirm.

As @avj stated. There was no change to the address CIC provided. Only change I made was reduce the US Temporary visa line. Other than that 365 Laurier Av. Is the right address.

@shashi This is the address I got in my email. (same as yours). I didn’t try to ship the package yet. Try to go to FEDEX/ UPS store and get their help to create a label.
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Honestly, go to the shop and do it. I’m assuming you are trying to do it online?

A quick update. So our package was delivered and received by someone. When I called UPS, they said they automatically redirect all mail to the above address to the Stevenage address and no action is required by us on that front. Most people may not even notice this unless they are paying close attention to the tracking updates for UPS. Nothing more that we can do at this point really. Hopefully things go ok.

I got my passport back from CPC - Ottawa, with visa stamp in it and COPR letter.
@vignesh.pr @shashi @avj Thank you so much !

2 Likes

We got ours back too. Also , although delayed, we got a response from CIC about the Stevenage address too. Apparently it is a scanning facility that all mail sent to Laurier Ave goes to.
Thanks everyone for the inputs!

All,
We got a email from " CPCO-FinalRequest/CTDO-Demand…" with the subject line" Ready for Visa". It has a set of instructions to get our passports ready etc.
Is this the email everyone receives before the COPR stamping? Does this mean that we are almost there:)
We don’t view any correspondence on the online profile and hence wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
Appy

1 Like

I guess its the PPR request. Others please confirm.

Can you please let me know when you submitted your application? And what is your country of residence?

Yes. That email is the confirmation that they want to go forward with your PR. Upon sending the passport you will get a entry stamp. Congratulations.

Thanks! We submitted our documents on August 1. We received this email last Friday. We were assuming it was a fake email and were waiting for our online profile update.
However, while reading this thread i noticed people receiving emails from similar domain and hence wanted to confirm:) I am glad I did!! Yay

We are residing in Dallas, Texas ( USA).

Thanks much!! That was really quick, we were estimating around November! Getting ready to get the passports and return envelope ready:)

Thanks
Appy

That’s awesome @appy22. We submitted our application of August 5th. Lets hope we get the golden email soon.

By the when did your Background status change to IP2 (i.e. We are processing your background. We will …)?

Cool! All the best!

I don’t exactly remember. We checked our profile on Aug 20 since we got a request asking to submit the “Release of Information”. I suppose that day we noticed that our medical results status was updated as “Passed” and background was marked as "We are processing…_

Thanks
Appy

What is “Release of Information”? never heard of it!

While creating our profile there was a checkbox to confirm if any external agent or friend can have the access to the application.
I had checked it as “Yes” so that my husband can have the right to access the profile.
They requested for a form with our signature for that!

Hey Vignesh.

I need to send passports after PPR… i understood i need to print Annexure from the PPR email… and send the passports and photos… so total 3 things … Right??

Now when I goto Fedex or UPS… do i need to ask for next day delivery?
when you said to include “this label and an envelope” then what type of envelope is that?

All,
After the status gets updated as "Approved"on your EE profile, with the passport details, after how many days did you guys receive your passport? I see that some folks received within 7 days and some within 10 days. Is there an ideal timeline?
We haven’t seen any correspondence and wanted to check if anyone faced similarly!

Details on Shipping(Our documents):
Sep 24th 2018- Ottawa office received passports.
Oct 3rd,2018 - Final status updated on EE profile as " Approved". All the passport details updated as well.
Today(Oct 8th)- No update on our Fedex account or the EE profile.

Appreciate the response! Happy evening.

Thanks
Appy

Hey i cannot answer your question but i have another questions if you don’t mind…
I need to send passports after PPR…

1. I understood that we need to print Annexure from the PPR email… and send the passports and photos alongwith annexure printed and filled with pen… so total 3 things … Correct?

2. Now when I goto Fedex or UPS… do i need to ask for next day delivery?
    and what type of envelope to include as return envelope with label?

3. How much did you pay for one side or both sides?
    Which courier type you selected?
    Estimate shows me $90-95 for one side using fedex for one day delivery… and shows $21 for 3 day delivery

4. Do we need to choose signature delivery?