Clarity needed for where to send passports to

Hi,
Answered below to the best of my knowledge!

1. I understood that we need to print Annexure from the PPR email… and send the passports and photos alongwith annexure printed and filled with pen… so total 3 things … Correct?

Appy- Yes.

1. Now when I goto Fedex or UPS… do i need to ask for next day delivery?
    and what type of envelope to include as return envelope with label?

Appy- We had the fedex account so we created the return envelope ourselves with the From and To address with the 2 day delivery option. However its upto you if you would want it to be delivered the next day. Its just the regular bubbled envelope that we chose.

1. How much did you pay for one side or both sides?
    Which courier type you selected?
    Estimate shows me $90-95 for one side using fedex for one day delivery… and shows $21 for 3 day delivery

Appy- We chose Fedex. We opted for 2- day delivery and the price was around the same as you quoted.

1. Do we need to choose signature delivery?

Appy- Totally upto you. We chose for the signature delivery.

Thanks!

2 Likes
  1. Yes you need to have these three documents included in the package

2. Upto you. My recommendation would be next day delivery as it contains your passport. You’d rather have it delivered to the destination at the earliest. You will ask for a return label one that is addressed to you, you need to include that and a return envelope. If you are doing next day, they will give you a next day envelope to include.

3. I used UPS and I don’t remember the cost. Again it has your passport, the trouble with a lost passport would be a bigger headache. I wouldn’t look into cost all that much if it were me. I went with next day delivery.

4. Yes, it is proof that you sent the document and someone at the specified address accepted it.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, after PPR I sent passport in two days and got them back in less than two weeks. I would say wait for a week or two. Have you sent return envelope? Maybe you can track that.

1 Like
  1. Yes three things + return envelope or return label (envelopes these days are reusable).

2. Again upto you. FedEx told me the same envelope can be used for return so I paid for a return label and added that.

3. I did not care about the cost since it’s an important step in the process. I think for me it was like $70 or something but I dont remember.

4. I did not choose that.

2 Likes

Thanks Anshul! Yep, We have provided the return envelope with the valid return label. So far its not updated.

Will wait and watch. Since its Thanksgiving in Canada it could have been delayed.

Thanks
Appy

I just mine . 2 pics for me and 2 for my wife. Passports , Annex A along with a return envelope and a return label. I had a tough time getting return label.

So I had to get a completely a new label with form being CPCO and to being my address.

Not sure if you guys faced same issues in getting a return label.

yes thats right… fedex or ups doesnt print return label… so i got it printed from fedex online account with CPCO as from address and my address in TO address

We got our passports!! Apparently, since we had the insurance amount for 1000$ it had to be cleared at the customs and got delayed.
Anyway! Its great to get our passports back safe and sound!

Note: We had just insured it with a high amount as our passports were previously damaged while securing schengen visa:-) . Just clarifying that its not required for COPR.

Thanks everyone!

Appy

Did you get your golden email finally?

No, Its still in IP1 stage. its been 73 days. Hanging in there!!!

1 Like

congrats… how many days did it take after passports were delivered to CICO…

also, how did you get confirmation that they are sending back passports… Did you get email or update in your CIC account or simply by tracking fedex return shipping??

Ours were delivered last thursday…but no update yet

Hi srhere,
Thanks! It took around 2.5 -3 weeks. We checked our EE profile and got the updated information that our application was “Approved”. They updated the passport details the next day on the EE profile after they received the passports.
We tracked Fedex until they received it.

For return, we just received the call just because our items were stuck at the customs. But we tracked the Fedex. We didn’t get any emails when the document was sent.

Thanks
Appy

Thanks for reply… But another question below:

Do you mean it changed to “Approved” after 2.5-3 weeks or the just next day when passports were delivered?

Also, did the profile status changed to “updated” instead of “submitted” next day when they updated those in profile next day of receiving the passports?

thanks

After i posted above reply, i logged in to my account and found there was an update and status changed to approved inside … so it seems they probably would ship passports back to us on Monday… as fedex return label yet not activated today… so i expect monday now

@vignesh.pr . can you pls tell me what did u use for the address here. I am trying to create the fedex label and it is small for the whole thing -
CPCO – PR VISA US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports

Should I only use CPCO – PR VISA

Do we need to mention Country in Annex A?

Yeah you can use CPCO - PR Visa.