Do not have reference letter from employer, Multiple NOC codes

Don’t need any attestation or anything. I was in a similar situations and I just got a letter from a senior colleague and that was it. He put his phone number and personal email. As long as your managers are willing to sign the letter you should be fine. With the denial email, letter from colleagues, and pay slips you should be more than fine.

Thanks. I got them attested just to be sure. Even my managers have put their email and numbers. I am going to submit the same. Fingers crossed.

Hi,

hope you are fiine.

My consultant is asking me to take it over normal email with a proof. So I am taking it from previous company ex-boss over gmail with his releiving letter.

WOuld it be ok. Did you submit reference letter over email and any problem you faced?

It is bit urgent… Thanks in advance

Hello Vignesh,
Hope you are doing good. I am in the process of getting my ducks (docs) in a row after getting my ITA under EE. Before moving to USA for my masters I worked at a small startup company and I did get a relieving letter from the company with start and end dates, position/job title (Matches NOC) and CTC per month and end date is in 2015. However the relieving letter does not have Job responsibilities on it. The company is not functioning as of 2019 and my colleagues have moved on to a different company long back. I am desperate to know how to get the job responsibilities from that company. Do you think I should contact few colleagues who are now in other company about.

Hello Rakshi

Please reach out to your former colleagues and ask them to validate your experience with duties listed in the letter. Also provide a letter stating your company has shut down.

Order of documents

• service letter
  • coming shut down letter
  • colleague letter supporting your experience

Hope this helps

Vignesh

Thanks Vigesh! This helps.

Hi,

I am facing a similar situation. My company has refused to put number of working hours on my reference letter. They have added the term ‘full-time employee’ though. I am not sure whether that is enough or not. I do have the email tread where they have refused to mention working hours.
I would like to include this thread. Should I include the entire thread starting from me requesting the reference letter? Also, my understanding is that I can just save the email as pdf and use it. Is there anything else I should be doing?
Thank you.

@avj while for checking reference letter details found this post. I am also in same situation and checked the portal for reference letter. So currently if i use that it redirect to letters section which we generally use for address proof for rent. May be earlier it use be available but now removed it :frowning_face:

So i am going by the option of letters from colleagues with the job duties and responsibilities written and asking them to sent it to from official mail id and also asked for ID & business card photo so that i can it a single pdf.

Getting it from couple of colleagues will suffice ? and with all these documents if i provide a declaration will it suffice.

I am skeptical about the declaration as you can understand i will not getting any letter from HR stating they will not provide reference letter. So all can provide as a proof is letter from colleagues , Joining letter ,few payslips ,hike letters.

If you can please share some details about the declaration and best way to present .

If you can show IRCC that you tried to get the official reference letter but could not, they’ll most likely consider it.
You will need to provide other proof, eg. letters from colleagues/former managers with their business cards, signatures etc, offer letter/resignation letter from company and any other details you can provide.
Explanation should be provided in Letter of explanation as to why you were not able to get the letter (e.g. refusal email from HR, website screenshots showing letter was not available). They need to see that you tried.

Thanks for your response.

last follow-up query in same topic.

I came to Canada through work permit under ICT and got ITA under EE experience class. So i have the documents related to my work permit which company’s immigration team has submitted to CIC it covers the job details and role and responsibilities and in my EE profile also i have used the same job code. So in my case can i use the same documents for reference letter which was filed by company. Along with that i can give proof that i am still continuing the same job providing relavant documents. Please suggest your thoughts on this.

And regarding total experience.
I am with my current company from Jan 2015 joined in US. So technically i can remove previous work experience from “work history” section as anything more than 3 years of exp is the same. Though thinking of adding all under “personal activities” section. Is it right approach.

Hi All,
I have around 12 years of experience starting from October 2007, and currently I am in Canada from last 3 years on a work permit.
In the 12 years I have worked in 5 companies and all of those I have shown in my Express entry profile and I have received NOI as well.
I am able to obtain reference letters from only 3 companies which covers 8 years of experience but I couldn’t get reference letter from last two companies because one is closed and one will not provide me the letter as my exit was not on good terms.
I also don’t have any bank statement, income tax return and PF account documents for those companies.

Could you please advise if it is ok to accept NOI and proceed submitting documents only for 3 companies, ignoring last 2 as except experience letter I don’t have any relevant documents to prove work experience.

Can OINP ask to submit documents for those companies and will it comes under discretionary? Should I take a chance as I am already on a work permit and can it effect my current status? I have studied in some forums that they can even deport you if you couldn’t provide all the required documents, which I don’t have in my case to prove my work experience in last two companies.

Thanks,
Raj

Hello members,
I am in a situation where my managers refuses to give me a reference/experience letter and I have planned to apply for express entry, I worked for a Gas station in Canada for almost 7 months n have to went to India for some urgency n when I came back my previous manager left that station. Now the new and the old manager both refused to give me the experience letter, But I have my job offer n the letter in which they mentioned my job tittle when I went to India like a leave letter signed by my old manager. I have another one from new manager when I was stuck in India due to flight Ban, he sent me the another one in which he mentioned that Immigration n authorities would allow me to travel without any restrictions for the smooth working of their stores and also have the job tittle on it. I have a link with one of my Colleague who also left the job n move to another province but he is willing to give me a reference letter about my job duties n responsibilities. I am very tensed that would it be work or not?
Please help me and advice me the best way to tackle with this situation.
Thanks in Advance