Education Assessment

Should attested college marksheets copies be colored or B&W will do?

What attested marksheets?
Why do you need attestedā€¦

Attested as in having the stamp or signature of the official who conducted the examination, i.e. registrar.
Btw, this is for an Indian undergraduate engineering degree.

hi,
I did my graduation from one of the NIT and I have all colored scanned copies of B.tech Mark Sheets, Transcript & Degree Certificate, Also 10th and 12th mark sheets.
Q1: As the forum says for WES evaluation transcripts should be in a sealed envelope received from University? Do I need to request the transcripts again from university? Cant I use the scanned copies and send it to WES?
Q2: Currently IELTS exam dates are available in August 2018, I am in H1B RFE stage and not sure the outcome. I might go to India before August. Does WES evaluation has any expiry date?
Q3: Does spouse education documents also needs to be sent for WES evaluation?

Kindly advice , as I am new to this process and trying to enter into express entry as soon as possible.
Regards,
KR

marksheets are not transcriptsā€¦ so yes you have to request your university to issue transcript ā€¦ either directly send to WES or to provide you a sealed and stamped envelope ā€¦

WES evaluation is valid for 5 yearsā€¦

@srhere Thanks lot for your reply. How about 10th and 12th certificates? Are they not required?

Regards,
KondaReddy

Noā€¦ you need to provide only for higher education after 12thā€¦ if you did any diploma or degree or masters etc.

If you did directly bachelors (B.Tech) after 12th. then only B,Tech. final degree copy and sealed transcript is requiredā€¦
Also when you create your application with WES(which you can do anytime even before paying fees) then it will also show you the list of required documentsā€¦

Transcripts are not marksheets?
Is it only WES who needs transcripts or marksheets from educational institutions directly? or its mandatory for all authorized evaluating agencies required these? Its going to get lot of time, thats why checking :slight_smile:

When I did my ECA from BCIT and Univ of Toronto, transcript was the only thing the university had to send directly to them. Any agency you see (except maybe WES because they have weird rules) will ask for transcripts directly from univ to be sent to them.

Can you recommend any other evaluating agency ? I just cant go back to University and expect them to send, this seems to be next to impossible :slight_smile:

Would suggest not to recommend WES in movnorth (if they are the only one have weird rule) as its highly impossible for anyone to go back to their own country and follow-up with University and send back to them, it is going to be very time consuming

Any agency needs transcripts. Period.

Who told you to go to something impossible for youā€¦ find waysā€¦ find a friend or find a family or relative who can do it on your behalfā€¦ moreover call your university or check its website to understand the procedure firstā€¦

Okay, let me clarify, I do have marksheets and I am assuming they are transcripts, got reply saying they should be receiving from University. Not sure how university can send the documents to these agencies (WES for example). Looking for solution - are we expected to verify existing transcripts to be verified again from University and send them through university envelop , they may re-verify but wonā€™t send the signed sealed document to WES canada for sure. Suggest ways to solve this

first stop assumingā€¦ and start readingā€¦

secondā€¦ transcripts are not marksheets u already haveā€¦

thirdā€¦ if you know they wonā€™t send signed sealed document to WESā€¦ then get signed sealed envelope yourself from your university and send to WES Canadaā€¦

When I say weird rules, I meant WES requires you to send transcripts, marksheets (sometimes attested). Sounded like a bureaucratic nightmare when I checked it hence I went to BCIT and Univ of Toronto. However now it seems WES is much quicker and the other agencies are backlogged. I donā€™t know current stats coz I got mine in 2016. All agencies will probably ask you for sealed transcripts sent from univ directly to them.
Itā€™s difficult but not impossible. You need to ask someone back home to get it done for you. I did mine from univeristy who still uses the archaic challan system and took 2-3 months to send it.

Marksheets are not transcripts atleast in India (in fairness though Iā€™ve never seen an Indian univ transcript coz all of mine were sent directly to the agencies). Transcript is probably a single document that has all your grades etc. For technical purposes you cannot send marksheets to the agencies they will reject it. You have to go the tough route and get the sealed transcripts sent to the agencies.

Cool, let me work on this, thanks

Are you from India or which country?
First you should register on WES to check what documents they need if you are getting multiple degrees evaluated like diploma or degree or masters etc.

You have to get sealed transcripts for each education you are getting evaluatedā€¦
For some some countries they even ask for 10th or 12th education alsoā€¦ (But not for India)