Education Assessment

thanks, I am from India currently in US

Queries -
1- Spouse’s name on certificates is different. Do we need to provide documents like marriage certificate copy for this evaluation
2- Will there be any issue in sending the documents ourselves as long as transcripts are sealed by University. This is due to Degree Certificates are with us and University will be sending only transcripts. Trying to send them together to avoid any delays and may be easier to track.

1. You can send it if you’re doing multiple degrees from the same agency, maybe with a cover letter.
  2. If you’re wondering whether you can send the sealed transcripts that you got here while coming for masters, then no. If it’s a transcript that you are planning to get from the university and then mail to evaluating agency, it depends. I heard WES allows that. Other agencies might not. Check their individual website instructions.

Has anyone use this service? http://mailtranscripts.com/

1 Like

The information available on MOVNorth is a compilation of the processes that people have taken so far. Some went to WES, other to BCIT / University of Toronto, etc. Each agency has its own policies to ensure they can provide an ECA. Having savings this, don’t take anything at face value on MOVNorth. Posts here are not the ONLY way to do this. People posting here are sharing what worked for them, and also providing recommendations for any challenges that you may face.

The reason why I am saying this is because I have noticed recently people getting upset or frustrated because they followed the information on MOVNorth exactly. I would recommend against that. If you are unsure, take and ask questions or send direct messages, our collective experience should provide enough information for you to assess and approach the situation that you face.

Having said this, do look into http://mailtranscripts.com/ as has suggested they should provide you some guidance.

I had used mailtranscripts.com and found it to be very good for University of Mumbai transcripts. They were a pain for getting my husband’s VTU transcripts though. Also do keep in mind that they charge a lot more than what it would cost you to go and get it done in person. I used them because I didn’t want my parents to run around.

1 Like

@anon25417004 I got the transcripts and all set to send this copy along with photocopy of degree certificate to WES for evaluation. Is there any mention in WES that photocopy of degree certi has to colored one?.I dont see any sucn specifics mentioned. I have b/w one. I don’t want to take any risks based on my assumption.

You can use b/w copy of degree certificate, I sent b/w copy and they accepted it. Moreover if they were to expect colored copy they would mention in the requirements.

2 Likes

@avj @vik @mrandmrs does being a part-time student during a master’s degree program affect one’s score with IRCC? Although my ECA report from WES clearly states its a Canadian equivalent of Master’s Degree, I’m just wondering if that’ll be an issue.

Thanks.

As long as your ECA states that it’s equivalent, it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

That’s great. Thank you!

Hi every one, awesome work from all of you in sharing your experiences and solving doubts.
I have a few issues regarding the sending of transcripts from my university, to an ECA Issuer, so perhaps with your different experiences I might solve a few of them. First, My College doesn’t issue any document in English, so I am making arrangements for a certified translator to translate them.
According to my research, the service of ECA that the BCIT provides, is the only one that could receive the transcripts via email, but it clearly states that neither me or my relatives can manipulate this documentation. I will have to physically get the documents, go to a translator, get back to the university for them to seal those and then ask them to send the information via email. The BCIT web site states, “Please ensure your school is not simply forwarding your scans.”, does any one knows what this actually means, I mean my scans are the ones that they are given me, would this mean that they need a single email and no a chain?
On the BCIT page also can be read, that they will forward any document that needs to be translated, so the other thing that I have been thinking of, is to arrange for the university to email the original transcripts in the original language and, for me in the information that I have to upload, include the translation of those documents. How does this sound?
I am planning to use BCIT in the first place I have read a lot of good feedback of them around here, but if me or some of my relatives or friends, cannot send the information, I will be forced to use another agency. The other one that was checking was WES, mainly for the option of sending documentation personally, but I have read some bad comments of them. Can anyone make a suggestion of wich one is better.
I sincerely appreciate the help with this matter.