Express Entry application avoiding ECA for Bachelor's when MS highest

We had ECA for both, Bachelor’s and Master’s so we did not have to go through this process.

However, if you remove the degree from the Education section, do add it to the Personal History section. I think you need to do this if your degree was in the last 10 years. @usa2can, your thoughts?

I don’t remember exactly as it has been almost close to a year when I filled , but there was an option to chose if you have an ECA for the educational qualification or not . Based on that it calculates points . Not sure if it was only in ITA application or the final EE profile application also . But in either case , it should work by providing truthful information

Thanks a lot guys!

While adding my bachelor’s degree I had selected ‘No’ as a response to whether I have done my ECA for it. I will shift my Bachelor’s from my education to Personal history tab and upload my degree in the additional documents section.

HI All,

I completed Masters in INDIA. I am planning to do Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for Canada PR. May I know how can I do that from US? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi

Your degree transcripts need to be sent by your university to the evaluating agency you choose. People usually go with WES since that is faster.

Here’s a link to the evaluating agencies:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

Hi Northern, so you got PR without any issues right. I have a PhD so I can get the ECA only for that. I can mention Bachelors and Masters in Additional Info post ITA?

Yes, I’m a PR living in Canada now and I had no problems with only having my master’s degree assessed and listing my bachelor’s in my personal history post-ITA.

Hi, I have my phd degree I have got ECA for Phd degree only, got ITA and there is a place about study should i include only Phd degree ? I haven’t do ECA on my masters degree.

In documents checklist place there is a place for uploading degrees and diploma should i upload my Phd degree alone or should i upload my masters transcript?

My concern is I haven’t get ECA done for masters.

Thanks in advance

Hi My friends,
It is much appreciated if you could help me to answer my question.
I have a master degree from Canadian university and 1 year Canadian job experience. I am trying to complete my EE application.
I don’t have ECA for my Bachelor and Master degrees from back home but I need my job experience points (3 years) from back home. Now, in “primary occupation” I have been asked that when did you qualified for this job? My answer could be 1) the time when I have been graduated in Canada or 2) the time when I have been graduated back home.
My question is since I don’t have ECA for my credential from back home and at the same time I need my job experience points from back home, which date should be mentioned?

Hi Samin

I am wondering on the same point, any thoughts or updates you can share?

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit concerned about my application. I have a masters degree and a bachelor’s degree from the U.K. In my EE profile (pre ITA) I mentioned both degrees under the education section. I only have the ECA for my masters as it is my highest degree and I have selected « no » to the question asking if I have an ECA for my bachelors degree. Post-ITA, In the required documents for my degrees, I only added my masters’ ECA and transcript. Is the absence of bachelor degree certificate and ECA will affect my application? If yes, what should I do?

Unless things have changed, you will be expected to add the Bachelors ECA. It might be wise to get one while you’re waiting for your application to be processed, and add it to the application using webform as soon as you get it.

Hey there
I have a question
I have teo masters but ECA for one of them only. I can’t get ECA for the other one but i have mentioned them both in my express entry profile. Now I have received an ITA. What should I do? Can i change my education history? I’m desperate!

Can someone please help me? I have put both my masters in education history, i have claimed point for one of them and i am unable to get ECA for both of them. I have an ECA for one of them. Now I have ITA , ehat should i do?!! It is impossible for me to get an ECA for my second Masters. I didnt know that i should not mention it in education history!

Let us know how it goes.

I think generally if your points do not change post ITA then revisions to your profile post ITA are fine, but I’d suggest raising a webform and asking an agent of IRCC directly - explaining that you aren’t able to get the ECA but also that you think you don’t need one as you have enough points with the other degree and ECA.

Most likely they’ll update things on their side (eventually) to just have the one degree and the other one in additional info themselves and cancel the request for the second ECA.

See also Post-ITA No ECA | Canada Immigration Forum for a similar case to your own that was resolved successfully with a happy conclusion