Got Your ITA - A list of documents that you will now have to submit

The bank letter…is it fine to have issued to me and stating account verification asked by me…
“This letter is in response to your request for account information”

Or it should be addressed to cic or whom it may concern

Can I ask the Bank name?

addressed to you is fine.

1 Like

thank you @vignesh.pr

@vik
@mrandmrs
@vignesh.pr
@avj

Guys… quick help needed… I am working right now with my old manager for reference letter…

1. everything was going fine but now he wants to add a line in the letter that

"this has been done on personal capacity as requested by xxxxxxx"

i asked him to modify it to

“In light of our employers denial to issue a official letter, this has been done on personal capacity as requested by xxxxxxx”
or
“This has been done on personal capacity requested by xxxxxxx as per unavailability of an official letter”

is the 1st line fine or should i push him to write as per 2nd or 3rd line… or no need to push as at least i am getting a letter finally? please suggest

2. Also, he wants to mention the client name as “client name project”…
for example,

"deliverables under my supervision for xxxxxxx project assignment. and His employment work history for xxxxxxx project is summarized below: "

I told him we should not write client name in reference letter but he wants to write to save him from any consequences as its our current employer…

Is this fine?
i read somewhere putting client name can open a ask by cic to ask for letter from client later… please suggest…

Regarding passport document:

I have all my stampings on old (expired) passport.
So, should upload both new passport (first and last pages) and my old passport which has stampings?

Any suggestions how you dealt ?

Regards,
Venkata Mujje

Is your most recent and valid visa stamp also on the last passport? If it is, then you might need to provide the old passport pages too.

@vik
@mrandmrs
@vignesh.pr
@avj

Guys… quick help needed… I am working right now with my old manager for reference letter…

1. everything was going fine but now he wants to add a line in the letter that

"this has been done on personal capacity as requested by xxxxxxx"

i asked him to modify it to

“In light of our employers denial to issue a official letter, this has been done on personal capacity as requested by xxxxxxx”
or
“This has been done on personal capacity requested by xxxxxxx as per unavailability of an official letter”

is the 1st line fine or should i push him to write as per 2nd or 3rd line… or no need to push as at least i am getting a letter finally? please suggest

1. Also, he wants to mention the client name as “client name project”…
    for example,

"deliverables under my supervision for xxxxxxx project assignment. and His employment work history for xxxxxxx project is summarized below: "

I told him we should not write client name in reference letter but he wants to write to save him from any consequences as its our current employer…

Is this fine?
i read somewhere putting client name can open a ask by cic to ask for letter from client later… please suggest…

Yes. all my stampings are on old passport. So, should I put both old and new passport pages in single pdf right ?

Few questions

• What was done in a personal capacity? The manager offering the letter, or you writing it? Could you please clarify?

• I would go with the following line: This reference letter has been completed in a personal capacity as requested by _________.

I don’t think you need to mention that the an official letter was unavailable. You are going to include that decline letter in the application anyway.

• Regarding client name. General rule of thumb, one doesn’t mention the client name and project along with responsibilities as there might be confidential information that some clients do not want to share.

• But what he is referring to is the project you worked on, and under his supervision, so this puts the onus on him as your supervisor for the project. The sentence he wants to include in regard to it is fine.

• There are lots of information out there, remember people have put down suggestions based on their experience. Don’t worry or break your head over something that is not in your control i.e. CIC reaching out to client (which is highly unlikely). You have many years of experience along with significant letters supporting each role. CIC would reach out to client ONLY if something is fishy. That will not be a matter in your case. If you do not want client name to be mentioned, request it. If he wants to include the client name, there is still no harm done as he states under his supervision.

1 Like

“in a personal capacity” means manager wants to write that he is not issuing it officially as he and me are in same company… so he wants to say that he wrote that reference letter in his personal capacity…

actually i found templates on other websites and there few asked to write something like “in light of our employer’s denial to issue a reference letter, i certify that…”

so i thought to add that “offical letter” thing and asked manager to modify it that way…

Did i do wrong… and adding “official letter unavailability” really changes the meaning of letter?

i can still ask him to remove “official letter” thing as he has not sent it yet…

Thanks. Wanted to clarify what you meant in personal capacity to ensure I answer your question.
I don’t think its an issue. The sentence does no harm. If manager feels comfortable in putting the sentence down, then its fine.

I just feel you do not need to bring attention to the denial. You’ll be submitting that email anyway. However, it is no issue if you have it.

Thanks for suggestion … So you mean I should ask him to remove wording “unavailability of official letter” and just keep " this has been completed in a personal capacity as requested by my name"

I am saying, it is up to you on whether to keep it or remove it. I would remove the unavailability of official letter.

1 Like

do we need to submit a digital photo alongwith documents when submitting application?

if yes, then did you guys take it yourself using your phone or camera or from where digital photo can be taken?

thanks

Yes, you will need to provide digital photos for you and your spouse. We went to a local photo studio and got our photos. Just make sure that the dimensions are correct and the other photo requirements mentioned are met.

In the SF Bay Area, we used to go to “A Passport Photo” studio on Mowry (in Fremont) for all our passport and visa photos. They charge a little extra to email the digital copies but we never had any issues with the photos which we took there.

1 Like

Take the photo according to CIC specifications if possible (50x70) and scan them and upload.

1 Like

how about this service:
https://visafoto.com/ca_passport_photo

how about this
https://visafoto.com/ca_passport_photo
or
https://visafoto.com/ca_permanent_resident_card_online_1680x1200_photo

It will be better to find a photo studio that will do 50x70mm near you. You are going to need to physical copies anyway. Never used the online service so don’t know.