Need help! PR refusal

You need to redo starting from express entry profile. You can reuse everything else as long as it’s still valid (e.g. PCC valid for 6 months etc.)

If you have been to the country(e.g India) after you got the PCC, the you might need to do it again.

Police clearance certificates are valid for one year from the date they were issued. However, police clearance certificates from the country in which you currently reside have to have been issued within six months from when you submit your application for permanent residence.
Police clearance certificates from countries that you no longer reside in have to have been issued after you left the country for the last time.

Source : https://www.canadim.com/police-clearance-certificates-express-entry-ita/

1 Like

Can someone post an example of a detailed experience letter or send it to me? We are in the post-ITA phase and our company refused to give us a detailed experience letter, so we are getting a letter from our supervisors.

Hi @avj, will you be able to share your work reference letters for reference. It would be of great help.

Regards

7 Likes

Thanks @avj, this helps a lot.

Hi,

I have a quick question. Do we need this on the company’s letterhead? I am not sure if I can get that especially when the supervisor is no longer with the company.

After reading this, I realized I did the same mistake. I did not have job duties mentioned in my experience letter, just title “Software Engineer” for NOC 2173 Software Engineer.
I submitted EE on APril 19th and the status still says “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.”

Question: Is there a way I can update the profile with a new Experience letter ?
In the ‘View Application’ link in EE, I don’t see any option.

You can contact them using the web form. Maybe they will accept it.

Yes. Get it on supervisor’s current letterhead.

Did you read the description for NOC code 2174? I made the mistake of applying for 2173 when my role was matching with 2174 and my application was refused. Please make sure you apply to the NOC that’s closest to your work experience.

There is a “Start Over” option when you view your submitted application. I’m not sure what it does, has anyone used it here. @avj any thoughts?

wow! both NOC 2173 and 2174 look almost similar. Based on what criteria should we choose one over the other?

From what I understood from reading the description NOC 2174 is more of a programmer/software developer/software engineer role. NOC 2173 is more towards Software lead/ Software manager. Try to chose the closest one. NOC titles can be misleading.

Thanks. My application is already submitted with NOC 2173. I am planning to get a letter from my manager with the following duties. At least to my eyes, the duties lean towards 2173. Will this suffice?

• Collect user requirements and develop specification documents
• Research, evaluate, design, develop, test and deploy software applications
• Plan and execute routine maintenance, upgrade and troubleshooting of deployed software systems
• Lead and co-ordinate remote development team and provide technical guidance to developers

I have submitted the new employment verification letter using the form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Fingers crossed. Meanwhile, is there a way I can call CIC from US to confirm if they have added the new document to my application ? Looks like their toll-free no can only be called from within Canada.

It’s difficult to get hold of them on phone from outside Canada. They usually reply to the webform in 10-15 days.

I emailed them 17-18 days ago and didnot receive any reply till now…

i opened a case through webform 10 days ago and received automated email from IRCC.CECSCQuestion-QuestionCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but no reply to my case… or can you give link to correct webform…

i tried the phone also and as you said it was not connected…

any idea how to contact them now?

They reply to web form requests after 20-25 days approx. that is my experience. That too will be a automated reply that they have forwarded the request to the respective office.

@arun.dash90
i got finally a reply yesterday to my web form enquiry request and the email says:

"We appreciate you taking the time to inform us that you are taking the necessary steps in order to submit the passports that are required for your application.

The information you provided was forwarded to the responsible office.

We invite you to provide the documents as soon as possible in order to ensure the process of your application continues as smoothly as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Does this look like automated reply to you??
I thought it is manual reply typed by the agent… but they say what you said that request forwarded to the responsible office… but also they are talking about passports…
Does this reply sound to you as a confirmation or not to submit passports whenever possible?