Passport Return from CPC Ottawa

This is the only time I have written /reached out to them.

I sent the email yesterday, and got the response today

Edit:
My passport was delivered Mar 17, so waiting since then.

Thank you. I am right behind you on timelines.

From Canada OR USA?

From the US…

Yeah, looks like quite a few of us, including a few from even earlier in March as well.

Yes, not sure when it will sort out!

My passport was also delivered on March 17th, I live in the US. I’ve not received any correspondence from Ottawa since then.

Looks like, we will have to wait till April end then considering current situation and overall pace of process.

Hi, I have mailed mine USA on the 24th and was received on the 25th , yesterday on the webforn IRCC said officer did not get our passports? Fedex confirm it’s way delivered, how did you know yours was stamped? Does anyone know of IRCC still issuing COPR now even after the travel restrictions ?

Also Fedex said it was delivered to 2303 stevenage dr , they are saying it is the receiving Center for IRCC , is this worrisome?

@shifemjay I have almost exactly the same experience. Sent from the US, delivered on the 17th of March, no correspondence since.

Let’s hope we get information soon

Sent from US via Fedex.
Delivered 11th March. Still waiting on any correspondence.

Passport delivered on March 23rd 2020. Still waiting :frowning:
I’m currently in US, ad current visa status is valid till June 2020.
Any suggestions to possibly expedite the process? Since, I would need to leave US soon.
Thanks and good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Found this on IRCC twitter account.

What does this mean. Just return passport back OR return passport back with COPR/ Visa. Also, how do we contact direct CPC Ottawa, even client support center is closed.

I have same questions. I’m guessing just get passport back without stamping.
Only way to reach IRCC or CPC-Ottawa is through webforms.

I have added a tweet of my own - https://twitter.com/AmbikaV80833546/status/1250099870771404800
Feel free to re-tweet or comment on it to highlight this issue.

Taking extract from other tweet today “1/2 We can confirm that Express Entry rounds of invitations are still happening, and at this time, we are continuing to accept and process applications.” - if they can continue to process this then even COPR should also continue.

Yup, Just saw their reply.
Technically, it should but I don’t see any progress in any of our cases. And no definitive and clear communication from IRCC.
We can’t keep waiting forever!

totally, your concern is very valid; not sure when they will start processing submitted passports.

I am in the same boat - passports delivered on 11th March and no update on CIC portal yet. I contacted them using Webform in end of March, all I got was that they can see my application is in process and they are not operating at full capacity due to Covid. Only the staff that is critical for keeping them operational is working so there will be some delay in processing. But it has been more than a month and I am in US without my passport, I hope they provide some estimated date.

:man_shrugging: I think it has to do with 11th March lol

One person on this tracker - https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing
got an approval update on April 15th. Gives me some hope!

If you haven’t added your case to the tracker, please do so. It will help everyone!

1 Like