Police Clearance Certificate

The SF consulate has - according to the courier tracking - had my passport and docs for 12 business days now, but they haven’t sent me anything notifying me that they are in possession of my passport. Anyone know if the SF Consulate provides notifications for PCC and also how long is it taking now to get PCC by mail?

I am facing a similar situation, I sent my passport to New York consulate. I haven’t received any update, so far, from them.

1 Like

Hi Friends,
Few questions regarding requesting PCC from SF Indian consulate by mail as few things aren’t clear from PCC section of consulate website:

• Do passport pages that we send need to be notarized as well since we are sending original passport anyway

• Does the fee which is $25 + $3 be in separate cashier checks or combined total of $28 in one cashier check with suffice?

• Do I need to send paid return envelope in order to receive my PCC by mail? The website says send a return envelope if you require “attested documents” by mail. I dont want any attested documents except PCC and original passport back.

• For those who have gone to SF consulate to request for PCC in person, how easy or hard it is to find parking? Do they have a garage nearby? Parking is one of the things that is discouraging me to go to SF :smiley:

Thanks in advance.

Notarization not required

If I remember correctly I had sent one check

Send an envelope if you want your passport back via mail

1 Like

Hello!

My husband is on H1B visa. We currently live in California. Do we need to furnish PCC from both India as well as US? Or PCC from any one FBI or Indian police is sufficient? What are the IRCC guidelines on this?

You have to get Police Certificates from all the countries where you have stayed for 6 months or more in last ten years. So you will need from both FBI and India.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Canadian immigration website mentions this.

Also do read this post, it gives clear details about ITA paperwork process:

2 Likes

Thank you rjtbansal. One more follow up question. So, this is what I understood so far:

1. Police verification for US stay: from FBI
  2. Police verification for India: can I get this one done from the Indian Embassy in my city? (SF)

Is that correct?

Thanks again.

Yes. that’s correct.

1 Like

Thanks Arun.

Im not sure if I can ask this question here, but Im trying to get my queries answered as fast as I can.

So, when my husband is in EE pool and he selects “accompanying spouse” and if he gets the ITA, do I as a spouse get a PR automatically with him?

Yes, you both will get the PR.

1 Like

If you want to get it quickly Embassy is a good option.

Okay… Thanks Anshul. And what is the other option?

I don’t think there is: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

Maybe you can get it from India during a trip but since you’re not a Indian resident per say …I’m not sure how strict they are going to be about this.

I too have found the wording on CGI SF’s PCC page to be confusing. From your list of questions, I believe the fee is $27 and not $28. I am considering this application document to be authoritative.

Makes sense since the form says with effect sept 2017 then the fee you are saying makes sense. Too bad they dont update the info on main page

Hello All,

I am planning to finish my India PCC in the next few days in person at the SF consulate, Could someone confirm if these are the right documents.

1. Personal Particulars Form
  2. Miscellaneous Application
  3. Money Order [ $27]
  4. Passport [ Original and Copy]
  5. EAD [ Original and Copy]
  6. i-20 Latest [ Original and Copy]
  7. Visa Page [ Original in Old Passport, Copy]
  8. 3-4 Photographs [ Signed across after pasting]
  9. Utilities Bill [ Original and Copy]
  10. i-94[ Print out ]

Thank you,

Best regards,
Kapil Chandra

It has been more than 18 days since I sent my application for PCC to New York consulate, I haven’t received any update from them. They are not even replying to emails or phone calls. Any suggestions, what should be my next course of action?

Gotcha!

Thanks Anshul. I think I will do it at the Embassy.

It usually takes a week or two, but I think you may have to wait. If they have received your passport they’re probably working on it.

Did you get your passport?
I have sent mine last week through mail but there is no way to check if they have got it (it has reached them, but no idea if they have started working on it or not).Also they arent replying to emails and the phone number is always set to VM