Police Clearance Certificate

Only the current passport is required.

2 Likes

You maybe required to send the expired passport in case your current one does not have the visa stamp. I was a walk-in applicant and they asked me for the expired passport. Luckily I had it with me. If this scenario is applicable, I would suggest you to send it.

1 Like

I see that some people have gotten confirmation of passport/application receipt and passport return from the consulate. The San Francisco consulate has had my passport for 3 days now with no text/email indicating receipt - wondering if others have seen the same before i start worrying.

Hi Manoj,

I am also planning to go in person. Did you make any appointment before you went to Houston ?

Yes.my new one is fresh passport issued by houston. Then I guess I have to send my expired one as well

I called them yesterday and they informed me that since the new passport last page haa reference to old expired passport - no need to send the expired one.

Houston office informed me when I called them
That no need of appointment.

Hi All,

I am in a situation where I mailed by documents for PCC to SF consulate which didnā€™t include my original passport only photocopy of passport which was self attested. I thot it wonā€™t be a problem since I got my passport renewed from SF consulate office a year back. Yesterday I got a call from office people and they told me that I need to mail my original passport as well. I am switching my employer and donā€™t want to send them passport.

Can you please suggest what options I have now:

1. Shall I go to SF office personally, if I go then will they keep my passport or keep it with them.
  2. If they keep the passport how soon will they return it (considering that my passport was renewed from US, SF office only).
  3. Can anyone go with my passport on my behalf and show them the passport ?

If youā€™ll go there and start a fresh application, they would typically return the passport and give you the PCC same day. But if you are planning to continue from your mail-in application to walk in, I donā€™t know how that would work out. You may have to cancel the current application and get the originals back and then proceed with a fresh walk-in application. You can probably call and check with them.

Just try to go early in the day as the consular offices are usually crowded.

The SF consulate has - according to the courier tracking - had my passport and docs for 12 business days now, but they havenā€™t sent me anything notifying me that they are in possession of my passport. Anyone know if the SF Consulate provides notifications for PCC and also how long is it taking now to get PCC by mail?

I am facing a similar situation, I sent my passport to New York consulate. I havenā€™t received any update, so far, from them.

1 Like

Hi Friends,
Few questions regarding requesting PCC from SF Indian consulate by mail as few things arenā€™t clear from PCC section of consulate website:

• Do passport pages that we send need to be notarized as well since we are sending original passport anyway

• Does the fee which is $25 + $3 be in separate cashier checks or combined total of $28 in one cashier check with suffice?

• Do I need to send paid return envelope in order to receive my PCC by mail? The website says send a return envelope if you require ā€œattested documentsā€ by mail. I dont want any attested documents except PCC and original passport back.

• For those who have gone to SF consulate to request for PCC in person, how easy or hard it is to find parking? Do they have a garage nearby? Parking is one of the things that is discouraging me to go to SF :smiley:

Thanks in advance.

Notarization not required

If I remember correctly I had sent one check

Send an envelope if you want your passport back via mail

1 Like

Hello!

My husband is on H1B visa. We currently live in California. Do we need to furnish PCC from both India as well as US? Or PCC from any one FBI or Indian police is sufficient? What are the IRCC guidelines on this?

You have to get Police Certificates from all the countries where you have stayed for 6 months or more in last ten years. So you will need from both FBI and India.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Canadian immigration website mentions this.

Also do read this post, it gives clear details about ITA paperwork process:

2 Likes

Thank you rjtbansal. One more follow up question. So, this is what I understood so far:

1. Police verification for US stay: from FBI
  2. Police verification for India: can I get this one done from the Indian Embassy in my city? (SF)

Is that correct?

Thanks again.

Yes. thatā€™s correct.

1 Like

Thanks Arun.

Im not sure if I can ask this question here, but Im trying to get my queries answered as fast as I can.

So, when my husband is in EE pool and he selects ā€œaccompanying spouseā€ and if he gets the ITA, do I as a spouse get a PR automatically with him?

Yes, you both will get the PR.

1 Like

If you want to get it quickly Embassy is a good option.