Police Clearance Certificate

Can some one please reply to all questions…thank you.
i know questions above are simple and i should know these but i don’t want to take risk to delay anything with silly mistakes…so wanted to clear each doubt, even if small, from the experts here and from people who have already done this…

Is there anywhere who got from Houston…do they ask notarized copies or normal photocopies are fine as their website does not say so

I’m going to the embassy at Houston tomorrow to submit the application in person and can let you know if things are different from what they instructed. I haven’t notarized any of the documents and when I called embassy nor was I told to do so. I just followed what is mentioned on their website.

Notarized are not required if you are going in person because u will take originals with you there…

I was able to get the PCC within one hour after submitting the application in person.

PS: if the passport is issued by that embassy the process is quick.

@srhere I enquired about notarizing the documents and its not required even if you’re mailing the application.

1 Like

thank you… thats great…

I only mailed latest one. What does it say in the instructions?

1 Like

Hi @srhere,

Sorry for the delayed response. I got my PCC in India so didn’t need to get money order. However, as @cmanoj84 mentioned, it is cheap to get a cashier’s check from a US bank and very convenient.

2 Likes

guys… who got the PCC by mailing the documents to consulate…

How do we get status after documents are delivered to consulate…
did you call them to ask about PCC… or do we get a call or email from them to confirm the status of PCC application…

please confirm

At the SF consulate I got a text notification and an email tracking the progress and a final one confirming that it’s ready. But you can call and ask.

My passport was issued in the US and I applied for PCC in person at Chicago consulate and got it the same day afternoon.

1 Like

@anon25417004 I suppose you went to the consulate in person and submitted your documents. Do they keep your original passport and mailed it along with the PCC, or you went ahead and picked up your PCC in person as well.

I am planning to go in person to Atlanta Consulate only if they return the passport the same day. Skeptical about sending passport over mail.

And are we supposed to go the specific consulates as per the jurisdiction or any consulate for that matter.

Thanks for all your help.

You are going to send your passport over mail several times in the future. For PCC, for PR visa, for PR Travel document if you choose to get it. For any visa request you usually have to send passport through mail. Get the best courier service that you can.

I sent ours through USPS to consulate and had no issue… and getting both back today… PCC just took 2 working days…

Where was your passport issue India or US??

mine was issued here only…but spouse’s was issued in India… still mine took 2 working days… and spouse’s took 3 working days…

Can I get the PCC certificate from any consulate in US or do consulates cater to a specific region? e.g NY for eastern states?

Consulates caters to particular states. You can get the list of those states at their respective websites under miscellaneous services

Did you end up sending a single check/money order or multiple?

I guess we need not send the expired passport right ?