Police Clearance Certificate

Getting Indian PCC from NYC was a piece of cake.
Me and my wife reached there around 9:30 AM. We presented all the required documents and paid the fee in cash. We were told to pick up the PCC after 12 noon. We were out by 10:15.

We sat in a coffee shop close-by doing our work, got the PCC at 12 and that was it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Varun,

Do you recall filling the nationality verification form?

Also the website says valid Visa is required… But my Visa is about to expire soon. Would it be a problem?

Just curious.

Thanks!

No, I didn’t fill NVF. I submitted this form instead -

https://www.indiacgny.org/pdf/Application_Form.doc

I don’t know if visa expiration will be a problem. If you are on H1B visa, I guess you can take I797 approval if you have it or take the receipt. You might also be able to call and ask the officials at the consulate directly

1 Like

Any experience at chicago consulate getting PCC??

Hi,

1. Do we need to fill two separate forms for Police verification from houston consulate?
    one for me and one for spouse…
    If yes can we submit and send both in single envelope?

2. There is an instruction on website
    “Applicant’s valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).”

Here what do they mean by first three? 1st page is my photo page, 2nd page is just a stamp and 3rd page is blank… is it really that they want?

Again second to last is blank and last is where address is… so those 2 last pages?

1. There is point in the form “Country for which Police
    Clearance is applied for”
    Is this India or Canada?

Police clearance is for an individual and separate report required for spouse so yes two forms. Better submit in individual envelopes.

Scan first three and last two pages of passport whatever they might be.

You’re applying the police clearance for Canada because the end result will be presented to Canada. You are submitting the request to Indian consulate which means you’re applying for police clearance for time you spent in India.

1 Like

Hello @anon25417004

I got my ITA yesterday and my passport expires in april 2019.
Is it advisable to renew passport before or after submitting documents??

I do not want to waste time renewing it and then submitting documents.
Can i update new passport details between AOR and PPR??

1 Like

I did my passport renewal last year in SF and it came through in 5 days. For my husband, we had done Tatkal processing, again in SF, and he had received his in 2 days. Passport renewal usually takes a week so if you have a week to spare now, I would advice that you get it done sooner than later.

@mrandmrs Oh if it takes just a week then i could do that.
Does updating new passport details have any effect on ITA ??

It should not. You would just need to add/update it in the ID documents section of your application.

I currently stay in Charlotte, NC. Do I need to get PCC only from the consulate in Washington, DC ?(NC falls under its jurisdiction). or can I get it from any Indian embassy in the US ?

CIC website states:

If you live outside of India:
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.

Thank you so much Anshul

Hey guys!

I plan on mailing my passport to the D.C Embassy for the PCC. Will I need to send in the previous expired passport as well or just the current one?

2 Likes

so did you send two money orders or 3?

one for $20 for return courier…
one for $2 ICWF Fee?
one for $25 fee?

and for return no empty envelope to be sent …right?

how did you courier to houston USPS or UPS? and how much did it cost to you?

do we need to write on envelope that its for PCC or do we address it to a particular department?

Is the money order which we can get usually from walmart and they give without any name… so we can write “Consulate General of India” manually…right?

do we need to notarize any copy we are sending with PCC form?

@anon25417004
@avj
@mrandmrs
Can you please suggest…
where do I get money orders …Walmart?
The ones in Walmart are printed blank but consulate website says it should be drawn in favor of consulate general of India… So is it fine to write it manually with pen …asking becoz it’s Indian people sitting there so not sure if they are same like sarkari babu(s) in India

I need to get these today so please reply asap

1 Like

You can also send cashier’s check and usually the bank where you hold your account will provide for free of charge.

It’s ok to write on money order / cashier’s check.

I think cashier check each has fee from $5-7…whereas money order costs $1 each :slight_smile:

My credit union did it for free of charge :slight_smile: